The Whining thread

etp777

Heh, he's still a friend. Actually won't be my boss anymore with the shift change (he's just shift lead). Humor among this particular group of friends tends to be a little rough. :)

No actual harm done, most annoying part was just that I was stupid enough to believe him. Luckily, on four day weekend still, so can enjoy that, even if I'm stuck trying to adjust sleep schedule for the new schedule.

etp777

Not today (day 4). No car. That's actually one of biggest complaints of everyone over the new schedule. Most of us share company cars, and extra shift means car pool is stretched even thinner, so less likely to have spare car for stuff outside of work.

Have started planning trip to Dubai though. Going to take a three day weekend sometime (thinking around Easter) and make a quick trip over there.

I cannot stand being sick. I ended up having a sore throat today. I woke up sneazing and I sort of knew that something was coming. I just was hoping nothing would happen. But I have taken lots of medicine today. It's just that I want to feel better because of my date this weekend, but also because I was going to go dancing tomorrow night.

samina

there's always an abundance of ridiculous & unpleasant news stories, but two pieces from this week just turn my stomach... the FDA has approved adding meat from cloned animals into the general market, without any identification ... and human-animal embryos have gotten go-ahead in the UK.

"wake up, people!" is how i'm feelin'... gonna take it out on my house & give it a good scrubbing, make it at least a positive on my end. but really... what craziness...

Peaches

Oy. Do you ever seem to go through a spell when you find yourself just having to spend money like it's water? I'm sure I can't be the only one.

Why is it that everything runs out at the same time (makeup, cleaning supplies, laundry detergent, cat food, cat litter) so the next shopping trip is going to be $$$$! And the car stuff. And the remaining car stuff (tires). And there's wedding/bridesmaid stuff. And a spate of birthdays (I hate spring!). And DH needs some new clothes. And I need to get a graphing calculator for the class I'm taking.

Oh...and in a month or so the annual payments for DH's and my life insurance are due.

Argh. I hate these times.

samina

i am so there...

i also love those times, because it's a great feeling to be in flow. the chinese association of money energy with water is very apropos...

Peaches

*whine* I don't have anything to wear!

Trying to figure out what to wear to the milonga tonight. Kinda feel like dressing up for once. Would like to wear a black trumpet-ish skirt that I have, plus black fishnets w/ a red back seam, with my black AT shoes. I just don't have a top to go with it...

I've worn it with nice sweaters, but I refuse to wear a top that needs to be dry-cleaned when I dance, on account of all the sweating. I've worn it before with a beautiful burgundy corset with black embroidery...but things will not stay g-rated as soon as I have to put my arm around a leader in the embrace. *sigh* (Hmmm...I might get asked to dance more that way...)

Back to the drawing board.

*whine* I don't have anything to wear!
Every day, millions wake up to the same tragic truth. They wake up to face the horrendous fact that they have nothing to wear. Please, don't deprive them of what is in their nature. You can help by donating catalogues and your credit card. Please, don't let this injustice simply slip by.

:lol:

cornutt

We're finally working on finishing the basement bath. First coat of polyurethane went on the woodwork this afternoon. It looks good, but now the basement reeks of petroleum distillates. :headwall: Every time I walk by the stairs, I get a blast of it. And it's too cold to open a door and air it out. At least we're getting it done -- finishing the woodwork, and getting the walls ready to paint, is the hard part. The woodwork will get one more coat tomorrow. Then we can paint (we do the woodwork first, because once it's finished, latex paint will just wipe off of it, so it doesn't have to be masked).

That won't get done until next weekend, though, because I'll be in The OC all next week.

Peaches

peaches: what happened with your report - I have to have the end of the story. Did you get it in on time???? Millions are waiting to know. Well, at least one of us...
Well, the guy pestering me didn't just stop and driving me nuts. He sent an email above me, and around me, asking when I would possibly have it done. (This, just 16 minutes after I'd gotten the email saying the database was loaded. And the day before the deadline.) He really made it sound like I was holding things up. That made me livid.

Luckily, my boss saw it, and I think he was more ticked than I was, which I didn't think was possible. He sent pesterer an incredible email just raking him over the coals. And then my boss came to me and told me to hold back on releasing the report until the very last minute, just to prove the point. (This was about 3 hours before the deadline, and I had it done.) So, I did.

Pestering guy came by to apologize--in that annoying way of seeming to apologize without actually doing it. I didn't give an inch, and just told him what he needed to do in the future. (Was rather proud of myself for that.)

Left work early, with boss's permission, to attempt registering for my class. For the second time. Left work at noon, after checking to make sure the college was open (we were getting snow). When I got up there 2 hours later, the college was closed. I was not a happy camper. (Was able to register, but the saga continues.)

Well, congrats on getting out of the report mire with you head high P. And meanwhile there is the registration saga. The tease is P gets to register - but will it be for the course she wanted? Or maybe in metalworm or lunar exploration or maybe trinitro-compound chemistry?? Or at the wrong teaching institution entirely.... Stay tuned...

I'm enjoying this - its better than coronation street.

Dance Ads