This week's mission (Wed Jan 12, 2005) - eye contact

DancePoet

Well-Known Member
#82
BrookeErin said:
DancePoet said:
I believe TJ was just cracking a joke, and me being me, I ran with it in all my silliness, and I've been silly all day. :oops: :roll:

Can somebody say, "DP, would you just keep quiet and go dance. ;) :lol:
Your humor wasn't lost on me.... I just figured there were enough crackups in the bunch and someone had to play the straight'man'
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Outstanding!
 

DancePoet

Well-Known Member
#84
tacad said:
DP, please continue to post silly, flirtacious posts. I don't see anyone complaining. :wink:
Do I have to? ;)

Somehow I suspect it will be difficult to resist.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(DP, Get the heck out of here and go dance!!!)
 
#86
BrookeErin said:
tacad said:
ROTFL!

:notworth:

I so have to visit Indy!
:lol: You're right, Indy is a great city! Big city, near even larger cities. Just about anything you could want to do, friendly. Spread out enough that it doesn't feel crowded, but you can get from just about anywhere to anywhere in 20 minutes or less. And we have salsa 5 days a week.
Seriously, it's friendly there? I've heard that the rest of the country in general is friendly compared to California or certainly LA. Have you been to LA to compare the two? A former student who studies in Georgia told me that the south is not friendly to outsiders and California is much friendlier (I'm not saying you are the south) but he probably doesn't know LA. You would consider yourselves mid-west right? This is just something I've been curious about. I should start a thread on this. I think I will, in Dancers Anonymous. Go ahead and reply there if you don't mind. :)
 
#89
mission

DancePoet said:
Mission Accomplished!

With different ladies, and different styles, Foxtrot, Tango, Hustle,and yes, even Mambo! :D

Frankly, it was rather easy.
You were able to look at eachother for the entire song? Last night I was at a "ballroom" dance, and I spent more time than normal looking at follower's eyes, but couldnt keep it for the entire dance, although I did go back and do it several times within the dance...

As for ideas for another mission: For those who only lead or only follow, do the other with someone who also does only the opposite...so if you only lead, try following a partner who has only followed....just an idea...?? :?:
 
#90
:lol: You guys are funny! Of those of you who said you had "mission accomplished" status, you didn't say "how" you did it. :?

How did you get your partner to look at you? :roll: Did any of you resort to telling your partner about this thread? :lol: How did you overcome your own "shyness"/reticience to look at your partner?
 

tj

New Member
#91
Pacion said:
:lol: You guys are funny! Of those of you who said you had "mission accomplished" status, you didn't say "how" you did it. :?

How did you get your partner to look at you? :roll: Did any of you resort to telling your partner about this thread? :lol: How did you overcome your own "shyness"/reticience to look at your partner?
...they made out with them first! :twisted: :tongue:
 
#92
Mostly I accomplished the mission. But I've given up trying to force it. Rather I go with whatever the natural chemistry is between us. Sometimes it is glancing at her, other times a more steady look, sometimes a smoldering , burning , passionate look, and sometimes :twisted: looking from head to toe all the way up and down. But it varies from woman to woman. And this is the interplay between us.

The first time was difficult. motardmom's advice , just to be bold, was the start. And Sagitta said to do some turns to relieve the pressure. Those two things got me started. The thread is Initial eye contact, maintaining eye contact if anyone is interested. Some excellent advice there.
 
#93
tj said:
Pacion said:
:lol: You guys are funny! Of those of you who said you had "mission accomplished" status, you didn't say "how" you did it. :?

How did you get your partner to look at you? :roll: Did any of you resort to telling your partner about this thread? :lol: How did you overcome your own "shyness"/reticience to look at your partner?
...they made out with them first! :twisted: :tongue:
really!? :shock: .. all i had to do was make funny faces .. go figure..
altho, have to admit that making eye contact while crossing one's eyes is kinda .. strange..? :lol:
 

DancePoet

Well-Known Member
#97
Re: mission

Salsaonone said:
DancePoet said:
Mission Accomplished!

With different ladies, and different styles, Foxtrot, Tango, Hustle,and yes, even Mambo! :D

Frankly, it was rather easy.
You were able to look at eachother for the entire song? Last night I was at a "ballroom" dance, and I spent more time than normal looking at follower's eyes, but couldnt keep it for the entire dance, although I did go back and do it several times within the dance...
Were we suppose to keep it for the entire dance???
Pacion said:
This week's mission:

a) To look at your partner whilst dancing,
b) To try and get your partner to look at you, by fair means or foul
Salsaonone said:
As for ideas for another mission: For those who only lead or only follow, do the other with someone who also does only the opposite...so if you only lead, try following a partner who has only followed....just an idea...?? :?:
Oooh! Now this sounds like a mission! :)
 
#98
Re: mission

DancePoet said:
Salsaonone said:
As for ideas for another mission: For those who only lead or only follow, do the other with someone who also does only the opposite...so if you only lead, try following a partner who has only followed....just an idea...?? :?:
Oooh! Now this sounds like a mission! :)
:doh: ever heard of learning to crawl before trying to run! :? :lol:
 

DancePoet

Well-Known Member
#99
Pacion said:
:lol: You guys are funny! Of those of you who said you had "mission accomplished" status, you didn't say "how" you did it. :?

How did you get your partner to look at you? :roll: Did any of you resort to telling your partner about this thread? :lol: How did you overcome your own "shyness"/reticience to look at your partner?
I just looked at them, usually several times during the dance, all with ladies I knew, and they smiled and looked back. I suppose you could count it was the move that tiggered me looking, but hey, these ladies are familiar with my dancing. There is no shyness here. ;)
 

DancePoet

Well-Known Member
tj said:
Pacion said:
:lol: You guys are funny! Of those of you who said you had "mission accomplished" status, you didn't say "how" you did it. :?

How did you get your partner to look at you? :roll: Did any of you resort to telling your partner about this thread? :lol: How did you overcome your own "shyness"/reticience to look at your partner?
...they made out with them first! :twisted: :tongue:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Absolutly not! Well, ok, only with BrookeErin. ;) :lol:

(BE is going to smack you, DP.)
 

Dance Ads