~~Upgrading Dance Forums to New Software~~

Merrylegs

Dear Dance Mentor:

Mambo Queen is so sad, she cannot log on to the site. She also cannot email you. Please email her off DF.

Thanks,
Michelle

Howdy! I have to be perfectly honest and say when I first logged in I was rather frustrated with the change. Having been away from the site for nearly a month (I know, gasp) with craziness in life, the change was quite a surprise.

After reading through posts, using some of the new features, and finding out where old features are now located, I have to say I rather enjoy the new look and feel of DF. It will take some time to get out of the old habit of things and into the new, but it's very user friendly and fast.

My hat's off to you Dance Mentor as I congratulate on your successful site upgrade, and as always, this FANTASTIC site!

Larinda McRaven

Site Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, moving to a new system will take some getting used to. Buttons in different places, features are moved...:confused: old habits will be hard to break. But overall I am sure we all can make the change seamlessly, in a few days you won't even notice and it will all feel old and familiar again.

Larinda McRaven

Site Moderator
Staff member
Larinda McRaven said:
I wonder what the colored dots next to our names are??

interesting... when you do a "quote" you only get the post that is being quoted from... not all of the quotes inside of that post. Which I think will be good. Sometimes when you read a post and there are 5 imbedded quotes it gets hard to know which one is being referred to!

When you quote something with an emoticon, it shows up as [ URL="http://w w w.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZN"] [ IMG ]h tt p://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_6_2v.gif[/ IMG ][ / URL ]

Larinda McRaven

Site Moderator
Staff member
sorry about that... I have my own smiley program... it did not work too well with the old system, but i was testing it out to see if it worked with this one. Guess what? It does!

Larinda McRaven

Site Moderator
Staff member
Ohh, you know what I really like?
When your mouse hovers over a thread on the "active threads" page... you get a little pop-up that shows you the beginning of the thread.

Dance Ads