wdsf and blackpool latin choreography

ballroomdancertoo

I can see that wdsf and the "blackpool" standard styles are different especially with the head movements but I don't see a big separation in the style when it comes to latin. can anyone enlighten me as to the basic difference in the latin dances? thanks in advance

FancyFeet

I feel like in WDC, there is more connection in the couples - they dance with each other. It's also more dance-y, with fewer pure tricks and (sometimes overpowering) athleticism than in WDSF. WDC is where you're likely to see a pro or high-level amateur routine that includes a bunch of syllabus figures danced exceedingly well.

ballroomdancertoo

sorry for the ignorance, is WDC related to blackpool? sounds like the syllabus figures danced exceedingly well is more like what I enjoy. too much "showy" doesn't say anything to the quality of the dance, IMHO.

MaggieMoves

I feel like in WDC, there is more connection in the couples - they dance with each other. It's also more dance-y, with fewer pure tricks and (sometimes overpowering) athleticism than in WDSF. WDC is where you're likely to see a pro or high-level amateur routine that includes a bunch of syllabus figures danced exceedingly well.
You took the words right out of my mouth. That said, I still enjoy a lot of WDSF pros.

middy

sorry for the ignorance, is WDC related to blackpool? sounds like the syllabus figures danced exceedingly well is more like what I enjoy. too much "showy" doesn't say anything to the quality of the dance, IMHO.
I'm not 100% sure about this, but I believe Blackpool is just its own thing and not officially affiliated with WDC. That said, the preferred aesthetics from the Blackpool judging panel is more old-school and in-line with the WDC style than the WDSF style.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I believe Blackpool is just its own thing and not officially affiliated with WDC. That said, the preferred aesthetics from the Blackpool judging panel is more old-school and in-line with the WDC style than the WDSF style.
ok, that makes sense. I was wondering all the "camps" was starting to sound alike!

Dance Ads