Weekdays, or Weekends or Both?

pygmalion

Just curious. This board has a lot of dance nuts. Unfortunately, it has dance nuts who have day jobs, for the most part. :lol: So here's a question for you. Do you do most of your dancing on weekends, or week nights? Or do you do both?

If you go dancing on work nights, how to you manage the balance between your work life and your real (i.e. dance) life?

Sagitta

Depends on the events that are available. Living in a small town one has to take what is given/available. Almost every night that I have the opportunity I do so. Work/sleeep? What's that?

When I go out late at night on week days I arrange to come in to work later, like 10 in the morning, and leave work later. It has worked well so far. Why I like my job. :D

Spitfire

Until recently it was weekends primarily for me, but since I started doing WCS I can add Wednesdays and Thursdays to that as well since these are the ongoing WCS nights here. :D

I am a lucky dance nut who doesn't have normal work hours 8) .

I am out Wed-Sun, with optional Sat nights (clubs too busy & too many girls fighting over the same guys :roll: great night to have a break).

When there's work demands I would try to nap before going out. It works quite well until I also became a DF addict :lol: !

Now, do you think I sleep :shock: ......?

MacMoto

Fridays and Saturdays. Also some Sundays but I have to leave early. I don't do weekday evenings, even classes -- it's just not feasible. I've heard Thursdays are really good... :(

youngsta

Spitfire said:
What would be great is to have ongoing dancing on Sundays, but most people here are generally not "Sunday" dancers.
Sunday is THE night here Spitfire! Used to be two Sunday spots.

Hey man I danced with a girl from Tucson at the Congress. Don't remember her name, but she was totally surprised when I told her I began in Tucson!! :lol:

Spitfire

youngsta said:
Spitfire said:
What would be great is to have ongoing dancing on Sundays, but most people here are generally not "Sunday" dancers.
Sunday is THE night here Spitfire! Used to be two Sunday spots.

Hey man I danced with a girl from Tucson at the Congress. Don't remember her name, but she was totally surprised when I told her I began in Tucson!! :lol:
Denver or Colorado Springs?

There's a Congress here as well, but I don't think they are doing Salsa anymore.

i don't have a job yet but i do go to school. even so, i dance whenever i possibly can... mostly on the weekends but i do dance during the week a lot

Purr

pygmalion said:
Just curious. This board has a lot of dance nuts.
Really? :wink:

pygmalion said:
Unfortunately, it has dance nuts who have day jobs, for the most part. :lol:
My day job is only a means to an end for my real job - dancing. :)

pygmalion said:
So here's a question for you. Do you do most of your dancing on weekends, or week nights? Or do you do both?
Most of my dancing is on week nights. Typically I'm in the studio Tuesday evening through Friday evening for something - either a private lesson, group class and/or practice party. About twice a month I'm also in the studio Saturday morning for a special group class. And occassionaly I'm at the studio Saturday night for a special event party.

Last Saturday morning, one of the other teachers in the studio said I was crazy, for being there so much. You know, I think he might be onto something. :D

pygmalion said:
JIf you go dancing on work nights, how to you manage the balance between your work life and your real (i.e. dance) life?
Everything works on a schedule. Just remember to keep gas in the car, and those dance shoes brushed and ready to go. 8)

Vince A

Anytime, anywhere I can dance I will, and that still includes "car dancing."

On the drive home from Yosemite National Park yesterday, there were five us singing and dancing to the music all the way home for the two-hour drive! Hell, we almost turned around and did it again - we had such a ball!

Side note: Yosemite National Park IS heaven on earth. I've been almost everywhere on this planet, and nothing, NOTHING takes my breath away like Yosemite! And NO, my breath isn't being taken away because of the age factor, nor is it because of all the mountain climbing and hiking, etc.

tj

I can (and have) dance any day of the week. I usually keep it to 3-4x with a day off in between dance nights. I'd usually be pretty tired the morning after dancing, but hey, that's what coffee is for! Typical week for me would be club dancing on Thursday & Saturday. Lesson on Monday. And then my choice of either Tuesday or Wednesday depending on how I feel. Friday is for non-salsa friends or dates... :shock:

...and to answer about dancing in Colorado - DNote in Denver (Old Towne Arvada to be more specific) on Sundays is a good night.

DancePoet

Vince, I am totally with you on Yosemite! I had seen pictures, heard good things, but nothing as good as really seeing it. Just incredible!

When I first went (oops...looks like this is more then just a tangent...more like a perpendicular line away from the real topic) to Yosemite for the first time it took me four hours to drive from the northern entrance into the valley to my campsite. When I came around the first bend that gave an outstanding view, the first word out of my mouth was "Woah!" The drive in was a continual stop and get out, take in the view. Didn't want to leave. Went back a second time, and it was still unbelieveable.

Now I like to imagine what it would be like to waltz in the valley!

Oh, allright, back to Pygmalion's question. ;)

Looking at my schedule for the summer, I might not be taking any lessons on Sunday's, but switching to a weeknight instead.

Spitfire

tj said:
Typical week for me would be club dancing on Thursday & Saturday.
That's the Century right?

I may visit this Thanksgiving and if so I might check out that Saturday nighter; if not at that time then for sure summer of next year. 8) :)

Purr

tj said:
And Friday is for non-salsa friends or dates... :shock:
What's a date? I haven't been on one in so long I don't remember what it's like. :wink:

Between my job and dancing, there's not a lot of time for anything else. :(

Dance Ads