Weird and/or Funny Dance Floor Stories

I was dancing with "Side-show Bob" (this tall guy from UK with big Afro hair) last night. Generally we are SOOOOO not eachother's best dance partners (I am usually struggling a bit with his leads, as he tends to pulls me off balance), but we do dance together once a week or so.

When I raised my left arm for styling (a bit of necessity in this case, as my left arm gets tuck under his right if I didn't get it out), I whacked him across the nose :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops: !

*that's why I try to stay way from styling as much as possible :oops: *

It doesn't help that I have pretty long arms, and he is just at the right height :oops: ......had it been a shorter guy, my arm would have got right over the top of his head :lol: !
 

MacMoto

Active Member
salsachinita said:
When I raised my left arm for styling (a bit of necessity in this case, as my left arm gets tuck under his right if I didn't get it out), I whacked him across the nose :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops: !
The exact same thing happened a couple of weeks ago when I was dancing with one of my favourite leaders!! A move requiring you to raise your left arm to avoid it getting trapped, ending with a whack across his nose... :oops: :oops: Thankfully, it doesn't seem to have put him off dancing with me.

I feel much better now knowing it happens even to you, Salsachinita! :lol: :wink:
 
I hear a lot of talk about going to these big events....how would I be able to get to go to these events? I am not going to be stuck up but I am a good dancer and I want to see where it can take me
 

tj

New Member
JAM'N said:
I hear a lot of talk about going to these big events....how would I be able to get to go to these events?
Welcome to the forums!

Depends on which events you're talking about...

If it's a salsa related event, you can just sign up and get yourself a hotel room in whichever city it's being held at. There are lots of congresses all over the place, and I remember seeing several threads talking about them.

Probably the biggest and closest to you is the NYC Congress. Anyeone else have suggestions?
 

tj

New Member
salsachinita said:
When I raised my left arm for styling (a bit of necessity in this case, as my left arm gets tuck under his right if I didn't get it out),
Hijack alert!

Funny story: there's this one gal that I dance with regularly, and somehow, when she did that exact styling move, her hand ended up on top of my head.

So now we have "a thing". At least one or two times during a song, I'll put her hand on top of my head. We laugh about it a lot.
 
Another funny story (but I don't think the poor guy will forgive me in a hurry):

I was a total klutz last night, trying to walk (never mind about dance :roll: ) in my beautiful new shoes.

All the guys must have sensed this ("KLUTZ ALERT" in neon light flashing above my head, no doubt :oops: ), so most of them went out of their way to dance with everyone (newbies included) but me :cry: ........

When I started a conversation about this to a show-group dancer friend of mine, he went to take a seat next to me. There were two empty chairs, so I moved one out of the way.......BUT it happened to be the one he went to sit down on :shock: !!

......you can imagine what happened next :oops: :oops: :oops: .....!

I was SOOOOOO embarrased I couldn't apologise enough.......I don't think he'd go anywhere near me for a very looooong time..........
 

Sagitta

Well-Known Member
salsachinita said:
Another funny story (but I don't think the poor guy will forgive me in a hurry):

I was a total klutz last night, trying to walk (never mind about dance :roll: ) in my beautiful new shoes.

All the guys must have sensed this ("KLUTZ ALERT" in neon light flashing above my head, no doubt :oops: ), so most of them went out of their way to dance with everyone (newbies included) but me :cry: ........

When I started a conversation about this to a show-group dancer friend of mine, he went to take a seat next to me. There were two empty chairs, so I moved one out of the way.......BUT it happened to be the one he went to sit down on :shock: !!

......you can imagine what happened next :oops: :oops: :oops: .....!

I was SOOOOOO embarrased I couldn't apologise enough.......I don't think he'd go anywhere near me for a very looooong time..........
The evil subconscious at work? :twisted:
 
Wow... you made 1000 posts with that...

Anyway, should we start nicknaming you Lucy (who pulls away Charlie Brown's [American] football right when he's about to kick it away)?

As for those shoes... well, I guess it will take time for shoes to break in, so sorry it affected your dancing appeal.
 
i'm really ticklish around my ribcage. so in the side-by-side charleston position, sometimes my leads hands go up a bit too high and tickle me. usually i hold in the giggles, but a friend of mine was holding me a bit *too* tight on day in class and i begged him to go lower cause he was tickling the hell out of me. he stopped completely in his tracks, let go of me, burst out laughing and couldn't dance for awhile. after that he kept tickling me - on purpose - every time we got into any sort of closehold position. or he'd move his hand from my back to my side just to poke me. so i'd jab him right back.... dancing with him that day was a sort of tickling war :roll:

oh and this other lead was trying to make me turn extra or something by pushing the small of my back. only he mis-aimed and kept whacking my bum. and this happened a few times, since he was obviously hoping i'd get the move at some point and i didn't have a clue what i was supposed to do :oops: . he started looking kind of alarmed (he's really tall so i guess it's hard to see where you're aiming from that altitude) cause it probably looked like i was getting the spanking of my life :twisted:
 
goldfish said:
oh and this other lead was trying to make me turn extra or something by pushing the small of my back. only he mis-aimed and kept whacking my bum. and this happened a few times, since he was obviously hoping i'd get the move at some point and i didn't have a clue what i was supposed to do :oops: . he started looking kind of alarmed (he's really tall so i guess it's hard to see where you're aiming from that altitude) cause it probably looked like i was getting the spanking of my life :twisted:
:lol: Better be careful with words like "spanking." You never know who will be googling out there, going, "Dancers...spanking...kewl!" :lol:
 

Sagitta

Well-Known Member
goldfish said:
he started looking kind of alarmed (he's really tall so i guess it's hard to see where you're aiming from that altitude) cause it probably looked like i was getting the spanking of my life :twisted:
But did you enjoy it? :wink: :twisted:
 
This one was so funny I couldnt contain my laughter and had to remove myself from the dancefloor...

A guy who had been taking the beginner classes maybe 3 weeks was dancing an evening 3 step right in front of me, (a New Vogue dance).
I dont know how he managed it but he slipped and fell flat on his butt, then sort of slid and ended up flat on his back...the hilarious thing was that his feet kept "dancing" .. ie , he was kicking them around in the air, my first impression was that of a dying fly :lol: :lol: :lol: it made me laugh so hard and as the NV dances move continually around the room I had to do a huge side step around him so I didnt cause a domino effect behind me. I watched in amusement as he sat there with a stunned look on his face, while his partner was trying to get him up, making no effort to get out the way of the other dancers...
It was all too much for me to bear and I had to leave the floor with my partner who was also in absolute hysterics!
 
my former Salsa instructor and I were trying to show this guy the guapea step from Rueda... and we were doing the step on beat and looking at him that he couldn't get it at all and since we were both looking at him and kept the beat my instructor's had grabbed my breast instead of my left palm!!! God he was embarrassed!!!
And this wasn't the only time it happened! :lol: :lol:
 

Dance Ads