We're doomed ...

DancePoet

Well-Known Member
#1
This just made my day ... :lol:

Scientists discovered a nebula in our galaxy that seems to be twisting itself into the shape of a double helix, similar to the look DNA takes. It happens to be close to the black hole in the center of our galaxy which they theorize further that this is what is causing the twisting has it gets sucked towards it's eventual disappearance.

Trouble is everything is supposeably getting drawn into the black hole. Lovely. :roll:

:lol:
 

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
#2
DancePoet said:
This just made my day ... :lol:

Scientists discovered a nebula in our galaxy that seems to be twisting itself into the shape of a double helix, similar to the look DNA takes. It happens to be close to the black hole in the center of our galaxy which they theorize further that this is what is causing the twisting has it gets sucked towards it's eventual disappearance.

Trouble is everything is supposeably getting drawn into the black hole. Lovely. :roll:

:lol:
dont I have enough to worry about today without your help bucko?;)
 

DancePoet

Well-Known Member
#3
fascination said:
dont I have enough to worry about today without your help bucko?;)
:lol:

Hey, I was gettiing tired of all that serious stuff going on over in the Ballroom Forum ...

... look what I found! ;) :lol:
 

lynn

New Member
#4
DP, could we have some GOOD news please?? I think my week has been bombarded with enough bad news and knowing there's a blackhole forming somewhere near us really doesn't help to brighten up my day!!
 

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
#5
DancePoet said:
:lol:

Hey, I was gettiing tired of all that serious stuff going on over in the Ballroom Forum ...

... look what I found! ;) :lol:
:rolleyes: honestly...


but ya know what I found? a can of easy cheese that my dtr left by the computer...don't know whther to kill her or thank her...where are those club crackers?..calorie count now soaring
 

DancePoet

Well-Known Member
#6
lynn said:
DP, could we have some GOOD news please?? I think my week has been bombarded with enough bad news and knowing there's a blackhole forming somewhere near us really doesn't help to brighten up my day!!
:lol: Is there a such thing as good news? ;)

Besides, the black hole is something like 25,000 light years away, we're safe, for now. :D
 

DancePoet

Well-Known Member
#8
fascination said:
:rolleyes: honestly...


but ya know what I found? a can of easy cheese that my dtr left by the computer...don't know whether to kill her or thank her...where are those club crackers?..calorie count now soaring
And you weren't going to have lunch? ;) :lol:

We're doomed!
 
#11
so....if the black hole travels @ the speed of light, it'll take 25000 years to reach us?? What if it travels WAY faster than that??? O.K., so humor me, i'm a little bored right now :lol:!!
 

DancePoet

Well-Known Member
#12
lynn said:
so....if the black hole travels @ the speed of light, it'll take 25000 years to reach us?? What if it travels WAY faster than that??? O.K., so humor me, i'm a little bored right now :lol:!!
A light year is the distance light travels in a year.

Light can travel 6 trillion miles in one calendar year.

So 25,000 light years = 6,000,000,000,000 times 25,000 or in other words 150,000,000,000,000,000 miles away from the center of the galaxy/black hole.

Obviously a bit much to fathom. ;)

So ... we maybe doomed eventually to get sucked into the black hole, but it will be awhile. :D
 

mamboqueen

Well-Known Member
#20
lynn said:
Of course! but if he tries to do what he did in Armageddon, he'll be the first one getting sucked in.....
He's all about sacrifice, isn't he? What a guy.... maybe he'll throw Ashton Kutcher in instead *LOL*
 

Dance Ads