What Are You OCD About ???

flashdance

This thread is great.. especially having been a psych major. I remember my prof telling everyone in the class not to worry and diagnose ourselves just because we may have similar qualities.

I can definitely be OCD about things though..
1.) Always have to make sure my car is locked and keys are in hand or purse. Always.
2.) No one can touch my bed.. not even lay a finger on it unless i give you permission. But I have this weird thing about ppl on my bed, especially if the person is dirty or has been running around or something.
3.) I recently started a side cake business, and the cakes i make have to be PERFECT. My little brother and sister always want to help, but i'm too afraid they will mess up. I'm more of just an independent worker when it comes to projects in general... i like to get things done a certain way lol.
Is that because your cakes are under the bed covers?! :lol: I'm just as guilty as I sleep with crumbs from my cakes :cool:

@kits ~

Kits

^-^ Thanks
Although After saying that stuff though it made me a little uneasy at the party last night because thats all I could think of was my dad...I had to leave during a few dances because I didnt want to make a scene. Although I want to talk to my instructor about it and I know he said if I needed to talk hes there if I needed him but I dont want to trouble I dont know :/

Peaches

Same here. Even by accident is no excuse. It just shows you're not careful. An inside page I can kind of deal with, but if you crease the spine on a paperback, I'm not letting you near my books again.
Ha! About the first thing I do with a new paperback is to break the spine.

Peaches

What if they made packets of M&Ms that guaranteed the exact same number of each color!!
Nah. See, I like to make patterns of the various colors and eat through a pattern...which, of course, changes with each one you eat. Don't know why. My mom does the same thing.

To Peaches

Nah. See, I like to make patterns of the various colors and eat through a pattern...which, of course, changes with each one you eat. Don't know why. My mom does the same thing.
Peaches, so you eat them kind of like a Ms. Pacman! Cute!

from http:// www. made2mentor . com /Images/mspacman_chart.png

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
I love the feel...that is the whole irony...if I lived in a second floor apartment I'd be all over that...but I have too much paranoia about intruders

samina

i understand. where i currently reside, that is the general concern as well. twas an adjustment to live in an eternally locked & shut-tight house.

for much of the 15 years i raised my kids in the country (or country town), doors were unlocked, windows open... i love that.

LaWa

How about pulling all the weeds out of the lawn? Those cute little flowers can grow in the field over the road or even in my flower beds if they really have nowehere else to go, but just get out of my lawn :evil:

Music. I swear whomever invented the "repeat-1" functionality, first for CD players and then for mp3 players was like me. I get stuck on songs, and keep playing them over and over and over--car, home, walking, whatever. After I while, I do find another song to get obsessive over and repeat the process lol... Not always, there have been times I have been able to actually *gasp* listen to a whole CD or shuffled selections on the mp3 player ;)

Music. I swear whomever invented the "repeat-1" functionality, first for CD players and then for mp3 players was like me. I get stuck on songs, and keep playing them over and over and over--car, home, walking, whatever. After I while, I do find another song to get obsessive over and repeat the process lol... Not always, there have been times I have been able to actually *gasp* listen to a whole CD or shuffled selections on the mp3 player ;)

are you my long lost twin?

wonderwoman

I used to get like that, obsessed with a certain song and I'd listen to it over and over.. rewind to certain parts.. turn it up real loud with headphones.. Do nothing but sit and listen. I haven't felt like doing that in ages, not since I was in college and Nine Inch Nails was my single-minded music obsession. First thing in the morning, on the bus to school, while studying, could even fall asleep to it. Now I don't know how I could possibly stand that! I don't even own a pair of headphones lol

I used to get like that, obsessed with a certain song and I'd listen to it over and over.. rewind to certain parts.. turn it up real loud with headphones.. Do nothing but sit and listen. I haven't felt like doing that in ages, not since I was in college and Nine Inch Nails was my single-minded music obsession. First thing in the morning, on the bus to school, while studying, could even fall asleep to it. Now I don't know how I could possibly stand that! I don't even own a pair of headphones lol
Sacrilege!!! No headphones? Methinks you need an intervention. Without headphones, how do you listen to music at work? ;)

Lioness

I'm more forgiving of people who break the spine on a paperback because, well, some of them just end up creasing themselves when you get halfway through. But phrasing it as 'breaking'...made me twitch a little bit too. But I will eat you if you doggy-ear them OR leave them open upside-down, to keep your page. Bookmarks, people.

Dance Ads