What Are You OCD About ???

Zhena

I'm OCD about reading all the new posts on DF (except the threads that are on my "don't follow" list) before I can write.

This messed me up big time yesterday ... there was so much I wanted to say in my "yesterday's activities" post, but I had to catch up on everything that had been written since Friday ... a lot of interesting stuff. So I ended up staying up later than I intended, and I STILL didn't include everything in my post!

You can imagine how this would annoy me;

So, I err went a little OCD (this took a whole day)....

Pink cables = VLAN
Blue cables = clients
Red = server internal/link to other switch.

Sigh.

Flashdance, we would have loved to have you working in our data center! Very good to be OCD over cables there!
:D It's weird but I love tidying up network cabinets. I'm even thinking of starting up as a part time thing for local businesses... :lol: I could have an online gallery of horrors! :rolleyes:

:D It's weird but I love tidying up network cabinets. I'm even thinking of starting up as a part time thing for local businesses... :lol: I could have an online gallery of horrors! :rolleyes:

You might have something there. I cannot stand to have my computer cables to be in a twisting mess. Velcro has become my best friend!

I am a little OCD when it comes to my desk at work, and packing for anything! Especially when packing for a dance event. I carry anything and everything I might ever need.

Hedwaite

I'll just get all mine for the rest of the year out of the way now (only about 35% 4srs):

Punctuality.
Altoids.
People reaching for and touching my stuff without an invitation, or handle them carelessly without putting things back the way they were before.
People wanting to HELP me do something for which I have my own method and rhythm, not knowing HOW to help, and subsequently winding up making more work for me in the end than if they'd not helped.
People who touch their foreheads and face a lot during group class, and then I have to touch them (Purell).
Arranging my purse so it doesn't look bloated and lumpy (in the end, there can be only one).
Being a "No- it's important that you understand me, or else I've failed as a human" person, and learning when to just "be quiet" around the type who don't care either way, as long as they get to beat a point to death.
Ensuring that people know I'm grateful for something they've done.
Ensuring that people know I'm sorry when I've made a mistake.
My music collection on the studio computer and how the coach screws it all around while he's hunting something up (hence my phone music apps and the quest for more better).
Cat hair on my jewelry armoir.
And on clean clothes.
And on the sink.
And keyboard.
And in my shoes.
... And is IN MY TOOTHPASTE? WHY? (HOW?)

vulgar language removed
twice

Last edited by a moderator:

dancelvr

Cat hair on my jewelry armoir.
And on clean clothes.
And on the sink.
And keyboard.
And in my shoes.
... And WTF IN MY TOOTHPASTE? WHY? (HOW?)

LOL!

As I live with six lovely feline friends, I've had to learn to deal in a big way with cat hair on EVERYTHING! If I were OCD about every surface, in every room of the house, my head would explode. I settle for always cleaning the kitchen, the bathroom counter tops, every surface on which I might eat, or mess with rhinestones, and managing the carpet. The rest gets done when company comes over. :rolleyes:

My little OCD thing....making sure everything is turned off before I leave the house.

Dance Ads