What Dance goes with these 2 songs

TAVS

Narrowed down the Mother Son Dance options for my wedding to the following two songs:

I Hope you Dance - Lee Ann Womack
It's your Song - Garth Brooks

I know a thing or two about dancing (although not the best at identifying which dance to do) and my mother does not dance at all. Which of the two songs above would be best for a non-dancer and which dance goes with each (aka two step, waltz, etc)

Thanks a bunch

Steve Pastor

Staff member
I would do Night Club Two Step.

From what I can sample of this song, it doesn't have much of a beat to dance to. So, if this came on where I dance, I would pass on it.

Welcome to DF.

Narrowed down the Mother Son Dance options for my wedding to the following two songs:

I know a thing or two about dancing (although not the best at identifying which dance to do) and my mother does not dance at all. Which of the two songs above would be best for a non-dancer and which dance goes with each (aka two step, waltz, etc)

Thanks a bunch
Welcome to Dance Forums! :)

opendoor

There are two dances I have never seen, but should belong here, too. Has someone around experience with Blues (the dance) and Slow Drag?

My fiance and I have been taking two step lessons on-off for a couple years now. We're not great, and would still be considered intermediate, but we have enough patterns to get through the night. Going to go with I hope you Dance for the Mother-son dance. Took the folks for a private lesson last night and got them to at least a beginner level to get through these special dances. Thanks for the replies

My fiance and I have been taking two step lessons on-off for a couple years now. We're not great, and would still be considered intermediate, but we have enough patterns to get through the night. Going to go with I hope you Dance for the Mother-son dance. Took the folks for a private lesson last night and got them to at least a beginner level to get through these special dances. Thanks for the replies
That's fantastic, TAVS! :cheers:

Dance Ads