What I learned this weekend ...

#41
I think I know what I did wrong; I forgot my order of operations and just did it in a straight line... Let's check!

44-22+18-10*2+40-69=

44-22=22

22+18= 40

40-(10x2)=20

20+40=60

60-69=-9...

Ah, ha! See, you were right! *grins* See, Sagitta, this is what happens when Finals week goes on and you're trying to *FORGET* that your Alg. II Final is tomorow.... =>_<= :lol: :lol:

Sakura Kitty :kitty:
 
#43
Sagitta said:
-9 = a nonsensical age. All done in my head. :wink: :) I'm not quite sure where 100-69 is coming from!!!!

Sagitta
calculated it in my head and got that figure too....hmmmm....strange things are happening here. :twisted: How old IS everyone here anyway?? :D
 
#44
Let's see if I can figure this out, this is a bit tricky but I suspected no less from our dear friend Sabor. :D

Here's my guess from his original age quote:

44-22+18-10*2+40-69

So, as SK noted, 44-22 = 22 + 18 + 40

Now here's the weird part:

40-10*2 +40-69 = ?

So, we do the other half first:

10*2 = 20 +40 = 60 -69 = -9

40 + -9 = 31

Sabor, su tengas trienta y uno anos? Es verdad que no? :wink:

SG
 
#46
I just noticed this thread :lol:

I wear jeans often...havent had any sweat problem yet, I dont find them hard to move in at all.
In fact most of the "younger" (and by that I mean the 16-30) age group wear them too.
 
#47
SDsalsaguy said:
And thus to the Dance Forums make their first step (forward???) as a tool for finals prep! :shock:
=>_<=/ :lol: :lol: :lol: (I'm stuck between going, "Moouuuuuu! Don't make fun of me!!" and the thought of my trying to study for an Alg. II final with the entirety of DF -- which would probably lead to trying to find the varying circumfrences of the big, slow spins we followers can be taken into or the small, tight, fast ones! =^___^= I can actually see it all now! And the angle of a woman in the middle of a dip! :lol: :lol: I'm gonna have *FUN* on my final tomorrow! Thanks SD! *hugs*)

JS, I'm 15 1/2, which leads to why everyone here calls me "little one" and warns the alcohol away from me! *purrs* It's good to have people look out for you! (Of course, there was also the thing about me most definitely growing up to be a "heartbreaker" from SD, Sabor, and Genesius, but that was on another post! :roll: They're *sooooo* mean to me! :twisted: :lol: :roll: )


On the math bit, SG, I did *exactly* what you did the first time I went through it (sans the really confusing set up), I multiplied what I'd gotten so far to the left of the *2, by that particular 2, and then kept going. But you have to do the -10*2 to get (-20), and then put that back into your equation.

Ja ne (Later!) !!!

Sakura Kitty :kitty:
 
#48
I wear jeans quite regularly to class and sometimes my dressier black jeans to the parties. I have no problem with them at all, but then I don't wear jeans that look like they have been painted on! Don't think I could move in something that I can't sit down in! :shock:
 
#49
dancin_feet said:
I wear jeans quite regularly to class and sometimes my dressier black jeans to the parties. I have no problem with them at all, but then I don't wear jeans that look like they have been painted on! Don't think I could move in something that I can't sit down in! :shock:
:lol: :lol: Well, at least walking isn't hard; but you're exactly right! The matter of sitting down becomes a question about as big as "What is the Meaning of Life?" Both are nearly impossible to figure out! :lol: :twisted:

Sakura Kitty :kitty:
 
#50
I think the last time I wore jeans(*sigh*, life in Japan) was when I realized how ugly those bruises were getting on my legs. At some people's house(but not mine) & a lot of time at restaurants, you sit on the floor with your legs tucked under you. I would get bruise marks between the hip & leg area. Yes, I prefer tight-fitting jeans. But OUCH! :cry:
 
#52
cocodrilo said:
I think the last time I wore jeans(*sigh*, life in Japan) was when I realized how ugly those bruises were getting on my legs. At some people's house(but not mine) & a lot of time at restaurants, you sit on the floor with your legs tucked under you. I would get bruise marks between the hip & leg area. Yes, I prefer tight-fitting jeans. But OUCH! :cry:
*laughs quietly at the "*sigh*, life in Japan"* That's in the kneeling position, right? :? That's hard to keep up; I tend to sit like that quite a lot, that is, until my ankles decide to go, " :shock: :evil: :shock: Get off of us!!!!!!!!" :D :roll:

Sakura Kitty :kitty:
 

pygmalion

Well-Known Member
#53
The weight of the denim and whether or not they're stretchy may make a difference. My summer weight, Gloria Vanderbilt stretch denim jeans are a lot more comfy than my winter weight Levis. I find both too hot for a lot of dancing, but to each his/her own.
 
#54
pygmalion said:
The weight of the denim and whether or not they're stretchy may make a difference. My summer weight, Gloria Vanderbilt stretch denim jeans are a lot more comfy than my winter weight Levis. I find both too hot for a lot of dancing, but to each his/her own.
Good point. I'm sure baggy jeans would have been better -- less cling. LOL!

BTW I cannot believe this thread reached 4 pages. hee.

Melissa
 

pygmalion

Well-Known Member
#55
Yup. One thing I've learned is that it's impossible for me to tell up front how long a thread is going to get. Sometimes, what I thought was a great idea for a thread gets no response. Sometimes, what I thought was a throwaway topic gets tons of response. Or, in a case like this, a thread will just strike a responsive chord with a lot of people. I think we've all been there with the sweat dripping while we were trying to dance in jeans.
 

tj

New Member
#56
mellody43 said:
pygmalion said:
The weight of the denim and whether or not they're stretchy may make a difference. My summer weight, Gloria Vanderbilt stretch denim jeans are a lot more comfy than my winter weight Levis. I find both too hot for a lot of dancing, but to each his/her own.
Good point. I'm sure baggy jeans would have been better -- less cling. LOL!
Talking about baggy jeans - the Mayan (in LA) turned back a gal trying to get in while wearing them.
 

youngsta

Active Member
#57
I usually wear jeans out about twice a month, haven't had an issue with them while dancing yet. Every once and a while it's just nice to not have to get all dressed up :)
 

tj

New Member
#58
youngsta said:
I usually wear jeans out about twice a month, haven't had an issue with them while dancing yet. Every once and a while it's just nice to not have to get all dressed up :)
Yeah, but you have to admit that you still look sharp, R, regardless of whether you're wearing jeans or not!

Take it easy on the ladies this weekend! :twisted:
 
#60
youngsta said:
8) Thanks man, I try to always look good. Take it easy on the ladies!? It's Congress I can't make that promise!! :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Can you at least be nice to them?!?! :wink:

Sakura Kitty :kitty:
 

Dance Ads