What is a C&W dancer?

pygmalion

Just curious. From a few threads here and conversations I've had, there seems to be a pretty popular belief that country and western dancers do line dance exclusively. From my observation, that's no so. I've spent many an evening in a country bar where nobody did line dancing, but there was plenty of dancing going on.

So, in your mind, what is a C&W dancer? If you can do rumba, or cha cha, of NC2S, or various swing dances, then what is the common denominator that makes it country?

Thoughts?

pygmalion said:
So, in your mind, what is a C&W dancer? If you can do rumba, or cha cha, of NC2S, or various swing dances, then what is the common denominator that makes it country?
Country music, country garb, lots of spins for the ladies no matter what dance you're doing, and big hats.

pygmalion

jon said:
pygmalion said:
Country music, country garb, lots of spins for the ladies no matter what dance you're doing, and big hats.
LOL!

In Montana where I live and dance, most of the C&W dances are two step, jitterbug, couples dances (lots of cha-cha's), polkas or triple step, waltz and very little line dancing.

C&W dancing is more about the music then about the dance. I guess you have to go to where C&W dancers dance to see what its about. Each area has its own local flavor.

pygmalion

Mt2stepper said:
C&W dancing is more about the music then about the dance. I guess you have to go to where C&W dancers dance to see what its about. Each area has its own local flavor.
Good point, Mt2stepper. It's about the music. 8)

Dance Ads