What is bachata?

Ray

you can also.. do with your feet.. go left.. right left.. and kick your feet in you r left knee hole.. then do right left right.. and move your left feet across your right feet and back.. hehe.. its more style.. and its on 1 spot.. so dont walk.. like normal.. example.. left put your right against left.. and left foot left then hiptoss

damn.. i am lost :p

next time i make video :D

Sagitta

Okay, here's another bachata variation. The bachata box. left forward, right side,left foot together, right hip raise, right foot back, left side, right together...you get the idea! :wink:

pygmalion

What did the site specialize in? Bachata?

What I've noticed ina year-plus of googling all things dance, is that the majority of sites aren't well maintained. People start out with good intentions, but lose interest, or don't have the money to pay for site maintenance, or whatever, and sites disappear left amd right. I'll look for it, though. :? 8)

I don't speak spanish but I LOVE BACHATA

I first heard this music in the Dominican Salon where I have my hair done. For a long time I would just listen to this music during my visits to the salon as it was always playing) I had no idea what it was called. Then I met a Dominican guy and he told me more about the music. That was approx. 6 months ago. I now have 400 plus Bachata songs on my ipod. I love this music sooooo much. Even though I don't undertand most of what they are saying. My favs are Anthony Santos, Yoskar Sarante, Frank Reyes, Lost Toros Band and Luis Vargas.

Sagitta

Re: I don't speak spanish but I LOVE BACHATA

bachataluv said:
I first heard this music in the Dominican Salon where I have my hair done. For a long time I would just listen to this music during my visits to the salon as it was always playing) I had no idea what it was called. Then I met a Dominican guy and he told me more about the music. That was approx. 6 months ago. I now have 400 plus Bachata songs on my ipod. I love this music sooooo much. Even though I don't undertand most of what they are saying. My favs are Anthony Santos, Yoskar Sarante, Frank Reyes, Lost Toros Band and Luis Vargas.
Welcome to df bachataluv. :) Glad to have you. Now do you dance to the music by any chance?

Twilight_Elena

Re: WHERE'S THE BEST PLACE TO DANCE BACHATA NY

bachataluv said:
Hopefully someplace safe and friendly. Manhattan, Queens or Brooklyn ok.
I suggest you make a nea thread out of this, bachataluv. That way more people who might have information might see it. :D

Twilight Elena

Bachata

I found bachata very sticky. I did not pay attention in my Cultures of Latin American classes in my youth years. And when I first sew some people dancing it in St. Louis, MO, I deem it the most stupid dance I've ever seen. Of course dancers of St. Louis needed help but I did not know that.

One day I showed up in Bermudas in Miami and witnessed the beauty, sexy, romantic and harmonious cadency with the music. People there knew how to dance it :D Thanks God :D

I learn it in the first try, but it took me several tries to learn how to maintain the footwork while turning, etc. When I went back to St. Louis, I showed off like a litle kid. :D :D :D

Guarachero

Bachata

Salsablaster said:
Here is one of the bachata video clip, not the best dancing , but to give you an idea how it looks like, for the people who doesnt know what it is.

http://www.ulises.de/Videos/Bachata/video.html
Salsablaster: I've never seen a Bachata with that high up footwork :eek:

The Dominicans I've learned from go:

Groove-groove to your right
counter beat with your left
Groove-groove to your left
counter beat with your right
Hold your bodies tight
And groove-groove with lust
Let you body have the fun :? :?

Guarachero

Urr does anyone know what type of dancing "van" is? My cuban friend told me that he doesn't dance bachata but he dances van and he showed it to me. Well, that dance, van, looked to me pretty much like bachata except danced on2....

edit: I guess part of my question is: whether bachata is also called van :?

hopelessly_addicted said:
Urr does anyone know what type of dancing "van" is? My cuban friend told me that he doesn't dance bachata but he dances van and he showed it to me. Well, that dance, van, looked to me pretty much like bachata except danced on2....

No, its not called that. But, a good example of what you dance "van" to is this old band called "Los Van Van".

hopelessly_addicted said:

I dance Bachata and I'm a Cuban. How can any body see Bachata and not dance to it? :D

right Pelao.. So there is a kind of dance called van.. what's it like?? I've googled but all it came up with was to do with the band, "los van van"....

Guarachero, very few people dance Bachata where I live... tis a pity cause I love dancing it..

Dance Ads