What is your current romantic relationship status?

What are your current romantic relationship(s), if any, and with whom?

• I'm currently not in a romantic/sexual relationship.

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • I'm married and we met through dance community.

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • I'm married but we did not meet through dance community.

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • I have a BF or GF or SO and we met through dance community.

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I have a BF or GF or SO but we did not meet through dance community.

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • I now have multiple romantic/sexual partners and I met all through dance community.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • I now have multiple romantic/sexual partners but did not meet all through dance community.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • I now have multiple romantic/sexual partners and did not meet any through dance community.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
It's meant figuratively. Sind Sie aus Deutschland?

Militant self-absorption?

No. Men think linearly, women think concurrently. We focus on one thing at a time, women focus on many. Think egg carton versus plate of spaghetti. My mind is in one of the twelve "cups" at any given time.
I am not talking about how men think...I am referring to what occupies their minds...but I will keep my view on that to myself for the time being

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
It's a simile used in the Tom Hanks movie, "Forest Gump". Yes, you know that you have a box of chocolates, but when that box contains an assortment of chocolates that all look alike, how do you know what kind of chocolate any given one is? Only by eating it.

So life is like a box of chocolates. You don't know what you'll get until you partake.
meh...I was always in the "poke your finger in the underside " camp

absolutely. You Often Read 'i Can't Understand Women' And Its Really A Thinly Veiled Repeat Of The Claim That Women Are Somehow More Illogical Than Men. By Asking If You Can 'understand Men' I'm Simply Recognizing That Everyone - Everyone Who Is Interesting That Is - Is Equally Illogical.

I Hope Thats Logical :)
Lol!

Anyway, in my Jack Benny mode (I'm only 39 years old!) my experience tells me that women are not illogical-they just react differently to things or comments made by men, when the man intended a different reaction. The 'I'm from Venus, you're from Mars' book helps. But let's not go there-your excuse is that it's OFF TOPIC! :)

I did not know this expression but what does it mean? When buying a box of chocolates you know exactly what you will find inside, it's written on the box and even if I can't read there is usually a drawing or a photo.
If it's wrapped as a gift you don't know what it contains, or if the advertising is removed from it, you don't have a clue. Then you select a piece, but you really don't know what you're getting until you bite into it-at least if it's 'assorted'.

Looks like the responders to the first, second and third selections aren't 'getting any'...those who aren't involved in a romantic/sexual relationship and those who are married. te he. So that's currently 42 out of 53 who 'aren't getting any'! ;) :raisebro: roflmao!

Standarddancer

oh saw those t-shirts with Chinese love character somewhere, some of them kind of cute, usually designed with flower pattern or heart; some of them poor quality cheapie looking, guess that girl is wearing a super cute one...

flashdance

Internet used to be interesting at one point (apart from here and a couple of other forums I frequent). Same with cars.... but for me as I've grown older there seems to be more important things in life... family, your own health, doing something (i.e. dancing for me) actually worthwhile/achieving you never thought possible...

I wouldn't have a clue what to do on a date now, so I'd pass up on a restaurant and take the lady dancing instead :D

This thread actually makes me feel all soppy for a change and mellow.

no - women are generally illogical. men, on the other hand, routinely get bashed by womenfolk for their naive application of logic.
I wouldn't tar all women with the same brush. ;) Men can just be as illogical a lot of the times! Women tend to be more caring/honest/sincere/loving/romantic/thoughtful I find... sure, there are some women who are not but I can count only on one hand those who I've come across who are like this. /romantic sigh

Dance Ads