What made you smile today?

3wishes

Received a rather large box, unexpected.
Open box, five more boxes inside.
Result: our Adult kids, and their kids got together and had custom garden stones made for me with each grandchild's name on them and the huge garden stone says "NaNa's Garden". Very pretty stones, and the mere thought that this was early Mother's Day as I will be traveling, made me cry, smile, cry some more....and think....the hand that rocks the cradle. DH smiled -looked and said " ok, your happy right?! Not the opposite" yes dear, my soul is smiling.

SwingingAlong

Doing my stretching exercises and my arms are both getting closer to vertical.... and I did a short solo waltz practice for the first time since my op. I ran out of breath a bit, but could still do double reverse spin, fallaway, DRS, telemark, 4-6 weave, chasse roll into open impetus without falling over or getting off time. Will wait a bit to try pivots! Glad I didn't video, it probably looked pretty bad. Felt so good to be back!!:dancingbanana:

stash

My wedding planner at our venue. She is totally a gem and I love her. She is so on top of it and helpful and just amazing. I'm not an overly demanding bride, but I have such bad food allergies, that I know it can be a pain to work with and she's been nothing but on top of it and super helpful about everything. This is one decision that I am completely 100% happy with.

SwingingAlong

My man knocked a lid off a container of frozen raspberries, so they went all through the freezer. Rather than complaining about the stupid lid, he picks them up, adds a few black currants, cooks into a sauce, walks to the shop and buys cream and trifle sponge, then sits there stuffing himself with a delighted smile on his face. Seeing him happy makes me happy:)

SwingingAlong

And another smile for today: doing my arm stretches for the first time without painkillers. Wearing an old cotton shirt (inside out so the seams don't irritate the scars/nerves so much), with fishnets and my new latin shoes.....:rolleyes:

3wishes

Left McCall, Adios Emmett ID,
hello Baker Oregon - museum and breakfast at the historic hotel :)
Yes to the Snake River drive....The Dalles Oregon for the night...
Tomorrow, drive through Portland to Eugene to beat one very happy
Going to be 16 year old GD home to her house SURPRISE!!!!

Dance Ads