What makes dancers more desirable?

Twilight_Elena

Vesna said:
This article is inspiring me to go find a victim and tell him how I find him to be very symmetrical, wonder what response I'll get :)
Good idea. I'll try that too. "Hey, you're very... symmetrical. :raisebro:"
Welcome to DF!

Twilight Elena

mamboqueen

Vesna said:
This article is inspiring me to go find a victim and tell him how I find him to be very symmetrical, wonder what response I'll get :)
He'd probably ask the bartender for a refill *LOL* I gotta try that line.

Welcome aboard!

SPratt74 said:
I have to disagree with you. I think that for me, I make sure to tell everyone that I am new to dancing, and they have fun teaching me new moves. So, it's not that I can't dance, but I haven't learned how to yet. I mean I have to an extent, but I haven't even performed my first show. So, you could look at that different ways. It could be that the girl, while being pretty, just needs to be taught instead of criticized about her dancing.

P.S. I'm still being asked to dance.
Oh, I'm not putting her down. I used to be that girl (well, pretty enough to get a few dances, anyway). I actually like it that my dance scene is pretty much of meritocracy. Does my heart good to see the guys walk past the pretty young things to ask my 75-year old friend to dance. She's a terrific dancer. And since I'm not getting any younger . . . or prettier . . .

AzureDreamer said:
He'll probably look extremely confused and ask if this isgoing to involve a "strap-on", a "friend", or both.
I think that depends on what environment you find yourself asking a guy that particular question :lol:

Body language goes a long way to make people desirable in a visual way.

Eye contact is always useful. There's a personal confidence in eye contact, and years of dance lessons can't make one confident even s/he is a great dancer. Show the confidence first.

Straight back, head up (but not too far), shoulders back--don't close yourself off. If you're sitting down at a table, turn your chair slightly out, not facing the table squarely. Hands apart slightly, again so you don't close yourself off.

There is lots written about this stuff, but these were the basic things we told students who wanted to be asked to dance and never were.

Being able to dance???? Lol! Didn't even think of that, Sagitta-good response. :)

I just think aside from being able to dance, there are things about a person that tell others he or she is open to being approached. I couldn't imagine being a good dancer and having many people ask me to dance if I'm sitting with my arms crossed and my back turned to everyone. I guess it could happen if I were really really really good. So I'd better go practice, yeah?

Vesna said:
Might possibly attempt this when I go dancing this weekend.... for research purposes of course ;) ..... I'll be sure to report back with my findings ;) :)

RIdancer82 said:
Might possibly attempt this when I go dancing this weekend.... for research purposes of course ;) ..... I'll be sure to report back with my findings ;) :)
So did you give this a try, RIdancer? I'm really curious now.

I've been thinking of trying it myself in different contexts just to see how it works.

Whirling Dervish said:
So did you give this a try, RIdancer? I'm really curious now.

I've been thinking of trying it myself in different contexts just to see how it works.
Oh man, I can't believe I forgot about it! I'm such a slacker!:oops:

ok, so I'll make up for it....I'll try it randomly on multiple people for the next month or so and compile and tabulate the results and report back (of course, for entertainment sake, I can always report back w/ the initial findings from the first attempt :) )

hmm..... I could have way too much fun w/ this..... doing research through flirting. sounds like this is right up my alley:D ;)

Vesna said:
:lol:
Once I got exact that compliment...about my back. But that was at the gym. Anyhow - I was happy about it. Don't know if I would be happy about it at the dancefloor.

/Luc

samina

Modern quantum mecanics has shown that materia is not the foundation of everything but an expression of energy, and both come from something we call potentiality. Whatever this may be. .
what i wanna know is, who is this guy and where'd he get off to???:cool:

Dance Ads