What type of feet do I have? Help!

Hello everyone, I'm a performing arts student as well as a ballet dancer and rhythmic gymnast. I have always struggled with knowing what type of feet I have.

I need some advice here because it will help me in terms of choosing the right ballet shoes i.e. for the vamp etc.

I attached some photos and sorry for the bad quality. _20180520_103934 (1).JPG _20180520_103857 (1).JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

opendoor

Sorry, I´m no expert, only a tango dancer: I find your transverse arches quite low. Perhaps that could be the case with every ballett dancer (but will cause some difficulties from your 40s on). Do your soles and heels weare down at the outer or inner side first in normal shoes?

SwingingAlong

why not ask the people you buy your shoes from? I would expect they would know more than many of us, since we don't do the dances you listed.

FancyFeet

Not a fitter, but I think you've got tapered feet with what looks like a medium profile and long toes. You need a long vamp, low-medium profile shoe with a tapered or semi-tapered box. I agree that you have low arches, so will likely need a softer shank... or a 3/4 one, if your feet are strong enough.

Any qualified fitter should be able to help you find the right shoes. If you're having trouble finding ones that fit, it's worth making a trip to an expert. Try 'ballet talk for dancers' for suggestions.

If you're talking soft slippers... try So Danca sd16. Split sole stretch canvas.

danceronice

One thing figure skates taught me, there's no substitute for an expert fitter, even if you have to drive to find one. I drove about an hour (and then it MAY have contributed to my choice of my first apartment in MA that it was right around the corner) to go to a good skate fitter. He was able to tell me things 25 years of shoe-buying had never brought up (that I'm a split-width, with a D ball but A heel, that I have a rigid arch, etc.) If you're buying pointe shoes now on-line and can't get the right fit, or if you haven't bought them before, find a shop that has someone good at fitting and go to them, even if it's a bit of a haul to get there. The pain you're sparing yourself by wearing the right shoe is worth it, and no one can really give you the best fit by looking at a couple pictures on line.

Dance Ads