What's a Good Two Step DVD?

davedove

I'm looking to get a single or set of DVD's that show the basics of the Two Step. What's a good one to use? I'm not looking to learn enough for competition or anything; I just want something that will show me some basic steps for social dancing.

There aren't any places for lessons handy or I would do that. Plus, I'm already doing the ballroom thing.

I'm leaning toward the set from Shawn Trautman. How are they?

Hi Dave,

I used a few videos to learn two step. This one is the best I found. Hope it helps.

http://www.thedancestoreonline.com/ballroom-dance-videos/texas-two-step-volume-1.htm

Don't let the title of the link fool you. It's two step.

Rick

My favorite 2-step instructors are Ronnie DeBenedetta & Brandi Tobias. You can mail order their instruction DVDs from Starlight Dance Studeo in San Diego. Each section begins by Ronnie and Brandi showing the pattern with narrative, and then Ronnie breaksdown the man's part, then Brandi breaksdown the lady's part, and finally they dance the routine with music.

www.starlightdance.com/store/ (866) 704-7827

You can go here:http://ucwdc.org/index.php?q=en/node/318 and get the ucwdc's syllabus ones for free, as they post them for free, so that will save you a little money. I have Gary and Lisa's, very Good but a little hard to follow at times. I also have Ronnie and Brandi's, Excellent video but things are taught in almagmation form so depending on your skill level it may be a little hard to follow sometimes too. The bronze syllabus one from thedancestoreonline are in my opinion the weakest and least professionally produced (although I should note that I also bought Gary and Lisa's dvd from them.) Its basically just a bunch of steps danced through a few times each. Least well demonstated and least well explained of the 3 sets of dvds.

In terms of recent releases, Ronnie's and Brandi's is the most up to too date for the dvds, of course the UCWDC is still in the process of posting their stuff so it is very up to date.

hope this helps
Patrick

This Two-Step-Beginners-Shawn-Trautmans-Collection (http://www.amazon.com/Two-Step-Beginners-Shawn-Trautmans-Collection/dp/B000A3BYCA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1243963074&sr=8-1) is a DVD you will like I would think.
It does a good job of teaching by showing the steps from both points of view. You will also see them together at the same time. It's nice to be able to work on the steps at home before you go out.

This Two-Step-Beginners-Shawn-Trautmans-Collection is a DVD you will like I would think.
It does a good job of teaching by showing the steps from both points of view. You will also see them together at the same time. It's nice to be able to work on the steps at home before you go out.
There have been many excellent suggestions that are much superior to the titles from this instructor.
Please look into any of those first.

The best beginning DVD for the regular two step for all time is:

Travis Tritt's "Country Club". This song is purrrrrfect for learning the two step. If no lessons are taught near you, the two step is easy and I'll share what I know for you to begin with. The man always starts with the left and goes forward, while the woman goes backward, in a counter clockwise direction. The steps are simple; and you can practice anywhere. I learned in the hallway of my office complex at work!

Quick-Quick, Slow-slow. Quick-quick, Slow-slow. That's it just go forward beginning with your left foot and make two quick steps and two slower steps, listening to the beat of the music. You'll have it in no time ! When you've mastered that, you can graduate to the triple step (aka Progressive two step) which is very fast footwork and a great workout. Toooooo fun ! Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions.

Is there a "newbie" thread or somewhere that you can introduce yourself? I'd like to get to know new friends and see what get togethers are going on. I'm new on this website, so and help will be appreciated.

JingleBoots

Dance Ads