What's this move?

Hi, I'm new to swing dancing, and went to a club for the first time last night. This guy showed me this move that I guess I would call a windmill sort of motion with your feet. You put one foot out, switch your feet, then switch again, cross it over and pivot. I got it down when I was there, but I tried it today, and it fell flat. I can kind of do it, but I feel like there's element to it that I'm forgetting. I don't even know if this would be considered swing. When I do it now, it looks celtic, but I could've sworn the fancy way we did it in the club it was more swing or maybe breakdancing. Please enjoy this pathetic attempt, poorly recorded by myself

MaggieMoves

Student of the month? I think you posted the wrong file. :)

Easier to upload it to youtube, and share the link. If you don't want anyone to see it other than here, make it private.

After more searching, I think I found them on the Alphabetical Jazz Steps video on youtube. It's called the cross step in the video, if that's what I was going for, though the uploader said they're not sure about the name.

leee

Is that it at 3:23? I've seen them referred to as suicide kicks as well, or two-steps if you're talking to a hip hopper.

Dance Ads