What's your favorite quote and why?

chomsky

What's your favourite quote? What does it mean to you?
One of my favourites is

"Dance is a song of the body either of joy or pain" Martha Graham

more often than not, to me it is a song of pain...

Your turn:friend:

chomsky

Let me just add another

"Don't sit, when you can stand; don't stand, when you can dance."
(author: despicable me, and I am talking about myself, not the movie)

pygmalion

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent -- Eleanor Roosevelt

Not sure why, but I love this one. Maybe it's because it's so empowering. *shrug*

flashdance

"The hall is rented, the orchestra engaged. It's now time to see if you can dance."

That's from Startrek TNG. I've always liked it....kind of a challenging statement... or maybe because it's said by 'Q' in his usual manner :)

Oh and...

"You're lucky if you can find even one thing in a
lifetime that inspires you to push beyond the
accepted, to fight the established, to run the
razor's edge and discover your limits are only
what you make them. But if you ever do find
such a thing, dig your teeth into that sucker like
you're a pit bull and hang on as long as you can."

CANI

nice thread chomsky!

"Your dearest dreams don't lie. It may take time...your inspiration is a prompting and a promise of all that you truly possess and the extraordinary life that beckons you. Your dreams want to come true. They call you to let go of fear and step into your real life -- a life that's lush with meaning, freedom, and the dance of a lifetime."
Tama J. Kieves, This Time I Dance!

"Tell me and I will forget, Show me and I will remember, Involve me and I will understand." Chinese proverb translated.

This totally explains how I learn best. My dance instructor will attest to this! :eek:)

DL

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW, Maxims for Revolutionists

Spitfire

"Here lies Lester Moore; 4 slugs from A-44. No Les No More."

From a grave marker at the boothill cemetary in Tombstone, Arizona; the most catchy one of all of them.

Then there's those two in my sig. The famous coach of my fave team and the second since it is so very true.

"Inch by inch, it's a cinch. Yard by yard, it's hard." Because it is about plugging away, bit by bit, instead of trying to do it in big chunks, no matter what you are undertaking...

chomsky

"The hall is rented, the orchestra engaged. It's now time to see if you can dance."

That's from Startrek TNG. I've always liked it....kind of a challenging statement... or maybe because it's said by 'Q' in his usual manner :)

Oh and...

"You're lucky if you can find even one thing in a
lifetime that inspires you to push beyond the
accepted, to fight the established, to run the
razor's edge and discover your limits are only
what you make them. But if you ever do find
such a thing, dig your teeth into that sucker like
you're a pit bull and hang on as long as you can."
this!

chomsky

nice thread chomsky!

""
Tama J. Kieves, This Time I Dance!
Thanks CANI. I' d like to see more people commenting quotes suggested by fellow DFers, cos I'm the only one doing it at the moment, but I guess they have not yet been inspired, let's wait and see!:friend:

Dance Ads