Wheelchair Dancing

I saw this couple at the Millenium, they were amazing:

{link removed - no longer in service}

there is also a link to a video clip from the news

I know! That's the spirit!
Just came to my mind something I heard before: the only prove that God wanted people to be happy is the fact that he gave them ability to dance.

LaLoona said:
I know! That's the spirit!
Just came to my mind something I heard before: the only prove that God wanted people to be happy is the fact that he gave them ability to dance.
Well said... :cool:

Thnx 4 posting this!

I'm hoping Wheelchair Dance will gain popularity in the United States. I've seen and participated in Modern dance but my heart is at Ballroom/Latin.

I took a look at the site mentioned-the group looks limited in scope and participation.

Did you see the couple who did a dem at Philly Fest? They did Viennese waltz and got a partial standing ovation. I was clapping for the movement and connection. The couple was really good and I guess they work in a vacuum since there doesn't seem to be much wheelchair dancing going on in the US.

American Dance Wheels

I took a look at the site mentioned-the group looks limited in scope and participation.

Did you see the couple who did a dem at Philly Fest? They did Viennese waltz and got a partial standing ovation. I was clapping for the movement and connection. The couple was really good and I guess they work in a vacuum since there doesn't seem to be much wheelchair dancing going on in the US.
There was a demo by American Dance Wheels at the American Star Ball this weekend in Parsipanny NJ. I had seen a wheelchair entry last year in S.D. but was not impressed. Unso this weekend. They were amazing. Their website is americandancewheels.org and they are located out of Bala-Cynwyd, PA. I had the pleasure of dancing a tad with one of them....a swing demo....believe me.....I danced with him. Quite an experience.

Dance Ads