Where do you dance?

All this talk about dancing got me wondering where everyone dances. The only places I've found to dance near here are in the bars. This is done on small dance floors, with bands that have hardly any idea what a good dance song is. I've heard that someplaces have dance clubs that actually host dances .

Where do you dance? And give us a little idea of what it's like.

Thanks

pygmalion

I wondered about dancing in Montana. I had a prejudice that it was pretty remote, out there, except in the biggest cities.

Here, Orlando, has a few pretty big country bars with good DJ's. One place has a gigantic dance floor. And the quality of the bands varies. Like my favorite spot, the one around the corner from my house, had a fantastic house band -- a nice mix of classic country covers (very little new crossover stuff.) But the upped and quit. :headwall: Right at the moment, they're back to a pretty decent DJ.

There are a good half-dozen fairly big, popular places here. Disney used to have a pretty popular C&W club back when line dancing was going thrruogh that fad -- what was that? About seven or eight years ago. But, when the fad died, they replaced the club with a different type of music. :(

In my remote town, Kurashiki, population 430,000, no dance clubs exist that I would want to go to. There are a few hip-hop clubs which are frequented by teens who smoke too much drink too much and barf too much. Not my scene. Ballroom dance studios springing up all over the place & parties at the studios all the time. (I do not dacne ballroom, unfortunately) I dance whenever I am at an event that has good live music and I am with fellow dance buddies. Or I go out of town/abroad to places that have clubs!

Spitfire

Most of the C&W dancing here is done in bars as well. It would be great if C&W dances were held elsewhere on a regular basis. The last USABDA dance was actually a country theme which was very nice.

Oops, sorry. I just now realized this is the C&W section! :shock: Incidentally, my salsa buddy & I were wondering just where do people dance C&W in Japan(if at all) as I have never seen or even heard of such a venue here. Tokyo maybe?

pygmalion

When I was googling over the weekend, I saw a couple C&W dance links in Japan. I didn't click through, though. Hmm. I wonder if I can find those links again? And if they're current. :?

Vince A

cocodrilo said:
Oops, sorry. I just now realized this is the C&W section! :shock: Incidentally, my salsa buddy & I were wondering just where do people dance C&W in Japan(if at all) as I have never seen or even heard of such a venue here. Tokyo maybe?
I'll see what I can find for you . . . I have a few friends there, who are World Champion C&W dancers, and get this . . . one dancer (she) is also the number one C&W line dancer in Japan. She says that C&W dancing is very big in Japan.

Has she been telling me a story?

I don't think so, as my ex-dance partner visited Japan (she does every summer), and all they did was C&W dance, plus the NC2S is very big there, I hear!

I did some C&W dancing a couple of years ago (probably more like 6 or 7 years - where does the time go!!) Gave it up because the only place to dance around here was in bars and I just couldn't stand the smell! Way too many smokers!

pygmalion

Yes. That's a problem here, too. And my favorite spot has seemingly the world's worst ventilation. :shock: I've lost my voice from smoke overload there more than once! :x

Vince A

Look for social clubs . . . most do not offer alcohol, and most have smoking outside . . .

However, when we go . . . we "smoke the dancefloors," so what's the difference? :wink:

Being a salsero in Southern California I drink from the firehose, so to speak.

There must be 50+ clubs within a hundred miles of LA, every night of the week, ten good salsa bands I can name off the top of my head and probably many more I can't, thousands of outstanding dancers, smoking prohibited by law at most kinds of venues (woo-hoo!). I dance mostly at restaurants with biiig dancefloors, where I can start with a light dinner with friends, then burn the calories to live music. Doesn't get much better'n this! :)

Vince A said:
I'll see what I can find for you . . . I have a few friends there, who are World Champion C&W dancers, and get this . . . one dancer (she) is also the number one C&W line dancer in Japan. She says that C&W dancing is very big in Japan.

Has she been telling me a story?

I don't think so, as my ex-dance partner visited Japan (she does every summer), and all they did was C&W dance, plus the NC2S is very big there, I hear!
It might be true in cities like Tokyo & Osaka, but I have honestly never heard of anyone doing it, and I know a LOT of people. No, I wouldn't say it was popular in Japan, compared to say, ballroom or salsa. The former taking the country by storm as 1/5 of the population is retirement age and the latter because it's a cool dance. I also think the cowboy wear looks ridiculous on Asians(as I think we caucasians look equally if not more silly in samurai garb).

Dance Ads