Whining Thread #2

3wishes

To the chiropractor I returned as left upper rib cage hurts like the dickens and can't really use left arm for anything, sucky end results from mints like coughing illness. Hate this. Dislike being this laid up. Or limited.
He said "these are spasms" appt finished with "it will take time, I'll be seeing you again" sigh. More than likely. Sigh, but, hey at least the cough stopped.

Purr

Whining...I am having a seriously bad hair day. One piece of hair insists on sticking straight up. I've put hair wax on it twice. And I've wet it. It still sticks straight up. I don't have any hairspray handy to plaster it down, and I'm dubious it would work well anyway. Some days my hair has a mind of its own.

Whining...I am having a seriously bad hair day. One piece of hair insists on sticking straight up. I've put hair wax on it twice. And I've wet it. It still sticks straight up. I don't have any hairspray handy to plaster it down, and I'm dubious it would work well anyway. Some days my hair has a mind of its own.
My hair is still so short it all sticks up. It is so nice to have hair that I am happy for it to do whatever it likes. I am hoping it will get long enough so I can have a Joanna Leunis type style:cool:

Purr

I put hair wax and hair spray on my hair before I went to yoga class. My hair was ok when I left home. And when I came home, my hair was sticking straight up again. :rolleyes:

That's fine. I washed it and flat ironed it into submission this morning. :eek::p:D

Purr

Small whine. So, the skin on my face is dry, which is something of a novelty for me. At best, my skin is normal, but most of the time it's a little oily. I've pinpointed the culprit is a combination of retinol product from the dermatologist and winter weather. I've scaled back on the retinol product and ramped up the moisturizer (thank you Estee Lauder). The problem is, my skin typically doesn't react well to rich moisturizers, so I'm watching it very closely.

On the flip side, Monday I received a random "you have a good complexion" compliment from the yoga instructor.

It is a little funny when those compliments come. I've had skin cancer removed from my nose, with 13 or 14 stitches, and I have a scar running down the right side of my nose. I have vitiligo on the right side of my face, with areas of skin with little or no pigment, other areas with hyperpigmentation, partial white eyelashes, and a tiny amount of white eyebrow. There are assorted bumps and things, not to mention a tiny scar on my left cheek when a cat clawed me when I was around 5 or 6.

I just work with skin and makeup products, and put the best face forward. The retinol and other products from the dermatologist have helped with the scarring, and gotten rid of the redness that lasted over 6 months. A side effect from the retinol is that the vitiligo has evened out a bit - the areas of hyperpigmentation faded quite a bit. Mascara and eyebrow products cover up the white stuff. And makeup does the rest, and it helps that I've shifted to a softer "glow" look.

IndyLady

Friends: You have wonderful skin.
Me: Thank you! It's well applied makeup.
Friends: No, you really have wonderful skin.
[Continues for a while along the same lines.]

[They see me without any makeup.]
Friends: OK. It was the makeup.
Lol, literally.

Same here. I have very rosy cheeks (possibly mild rosacea) to the point that for most ofmy life, even as an adult, pretty much everyone (relatives, cashiers, etc) commented on it. As if I didn't already know.

I started wearing foundation about 15 yrs ago after a friend's Mary Kay party, and the comments basically ceased entirely. Some of the color is still visible, but it looks more like a mild blush now. I get tons of compliments on my skin now.

However, I do still get worried comments ("oh my gosh your face is red!") after exercising or other physical exertion that causes my face to turn even redder and the foundation to come off, so double whammy. I'm always like, yep, this is what I look like w/o makeup. "Oh."

And once a very young African American girl asked me why my ears were red. I told her because I didn't have enough pigment in my skin to mask the blood vessels. That was the end of that conversation, lol.

Purr

My big makeup trick is to mix a drop of foundation (Estee Lauder Ecru) with a bit of BB cream (L'Oreal Fair) in the palm of my hand, then apply. It's the perfect color and coverage. Add a rosy blush and a berry gloss, along with a little eye makeup, and I'm good.

Without makeup I am pale to the point people think I look ill.

Purr

Just pale. In most makeup lines, the lightest or second lightest foundation or powder is a match for me. I have to be careful to pick something that will give me a little color, otherwise I look washed out.

If you're suggesting translucent powder, it also makes me look washed out.

Purr

Today I'm wearing another of fascination's treasures, only reimagined. The original was a necklace with green stones, most likely from Kohl's. A local jewelry artist reworked it for me into a two tier necklace, adding yellow green stones, sea foam glass beads, and a yellow green and green mixed tone natural stone pendant. She used silver spacer beads throughout. The necklace is completely unrecognizable from the original. I had previously bought from the same artist a pair of light green wire wrap earrings, which coordinate with the necklace, not a match but good enough.

I'm wearing the necklace with a grassy green sweater with white polar bears.

Just realized this is the whining thread, not the random thoughts thread. My bad. :D

Dance Ads