Whining Thread #2

3wishes

AND to conclude, after two full days of searching typical and not so typical house/ garage hiding places,,,,while rearranging the gifts for room under the tree, what did my little eyes see... OH GOOD GRIEF!!!! I already had it prepared for gift giving, good Lord and whew all at the same time.... Uhhhh go ahead, laugh. Y'all are just as guilty at some point in your Christmas years.
My DH can't stop snickering,,, he's gonna get coal in his stocking pretty soon.

IndyLady

So I'm traveling out of state tomorrow (about 4 hr drive) for a milestone bday party of a good friend from high school, which her sister is hosting (sent out invites, organized, etc).

Just read friend's FB status update: "First round of blanket tying for Syrian refugees for [her son's] Eagle Scout project. Here until 8:00 tonight if you want to stop by. Second round tomorrow at 7 at my bday party."

Uh, wth. You have got to be kidding me.

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
am sure you don't have to participate in that part if you find it objectionable....it is her birthday....it may be important to her and something she feels others would enjoy participating in

IndyLady

It's not that I find it objectionable per se... but my understanding up until today was "food, fun and games". This is a last minute bait-and-switch. I can practically guarantee you that they (friend & the son - he is 16ish) are behind schedule on this project and are now seizing this opportunity to corral volunteers. I'm not sure there's going to be a diplomatic way to opt out during the event.

In any case, I've reached out to the sister to find out how much of the party this is really going to occupy now, will go from there.

IndyLady

OK, so it appears to be a slight misunderstanding... that is apparently an option for certain people who do not want to participate in the "games" (silly games, not risque games). Unfortunately the post was not nuanced enough to make that clear (I'm not the only one of that opinion). Bring on the cake...

3wishes

Really???!!! Just because the movie starts at 10:45 a.m., more than a few adults are Wearing their not fitted overly baggy pajamas in the ticket line...hmmmm and into the show. Must still be in exhaustive trance from Christmas Day or just lazy.

3wishes

Mail ordered new ski boots, which got held up, because of .....snow!! In Ohio.
Finally got them today. Well, an hour later shipped them back, upper cuff is a bit too small, darn it. Gonna have. Make my old pair work, somehow, had a feeling this was not going to be my week. Lol.

Lioness

Broke up with the boyfriend. He's been really angry ever since and keeps trying to blame this on my mental health and my age ("you're tearing your life apart/self sabotaging/ruining everything good, too young to realise what I'm doing, etc)

So I guess his reaction lets me know that I made the right decision. I'm looking at a house on Wednesday and staying at mums until then.

Gah, I have a competition tomorrow and my hairstylist just called to cancel my appointment today. The salon was willing to move me to another stylist, but this seems a whole lot less than an auspicious start to things. The whole point of my shelling out for a pricey salon is to have a single stylist who I've been able to explain my needs to and who has grown accustomed to the quirks of my obnoxious hair.

raindance

Gah, I have a competition tomorrow and my hairstylist just called to cancel my appointment today. The salon was willing to move me to another stylist, but this seems a whole lot less than an auspicious start to things. The whole point of my shelling out for a pricey salon is to have a single stylist who I've been able to explain my needs to and who has grown accustomed to the quirks of my obnoxious hair.
Some of those pricey salons are pretty good about having stylists take careful notes about client's hair styles so that someone else can fill in if needed when things like this happen ... here's hoping your salon is one of those.

Also, I'm sure you can explain your hair to them pretty well. Hopefully they can work with that. Good luck at the comp!

Don't get me wrong, when I say "pricey salon", I don't mean anything crazy. But the haircuts I got at mall shops were wildly inconsistent. And when they're bad - no amount of got2be glued can tame it. And while I like proper barber shops, they're *way* better at high-and-tight than anything else. So I decided it was worth it to shell out $30 for a haircut. *shrug*

Dance Ads