Whining Thread #2

that sounds like a power cable problem. Look to see if it has any kinks in it - better still plug the computer in with a different cable if you can find one and into a different outlet. Its also possible that you are experiencing electricity supply power surges and the surge protector (if youhave one) is actually doing its job :)

Peaches

Home at 11pm...to bed by 11:30pm.

DH comes home and is cuddly around 12:15.

Security company calls about an alarm going off at DH's warehouse at 4-something am. Of course I'm the one who hears and answers the phone. Then DH feels the need to turn on the light to finish the conversation. So much for sleep.

Vaguely want to throttle DH this morning, but am too tired.

samina

prospective cleaning lady coming tonight to give estimate... and the house is messy... and have little time to pick it up nicely. thinking this doesn't bode well for the price she may give...

Peaches

So much for that idea.

Um...borrow a neighbor's dog? Or, failing that, several of their small children? (Give 'em enough sugar and you'll be fine.)

prospective cleaning lady coming tonight to give estimate... and the house is messy... and have little time to pick it up nicely. thinking this doesn't bode well for the price she may give...

You are being interviewed by a cleaning lady? Phew, good luck.... Better dress well and have your CV up to date...

samina

lol... well, i figure messy AND dirty house doesn't bode well for her thinkin' it's gonna be a lite job on a weekly basis.

nucat78

eww
yes, it can - but it can also make twisted minds, nutcases and psychopaths...

there again, I don't think we are being fair - I think you really mean hardship, not suffering. Hardship (if not so extreme it cripples) can certainly make you stronger - my parent's generation (at least in England) seemed so much stronger than my own or my son's - they went through the depression, the war and much of the post-war years of hardship.
Purr was quoting St Paul.

well, maybe St Paul needs to attend the seminar...

[OK I am going to get burned at the stake for that one aren't I...]

Can a cathederal attend a seminar? :p
[after the hot oil...]

pr

i trust we're not talkin' a "bic" here, right? ;)

good luck, pr...
Thanks! :)
It is a Ballograf and Ballograf was aquired by Bic lol. However it's not one of the very cheap ones and my name is printed on it. (It is from a set with one ballpoint pen and one mechanical pencil.) The version I have can usually not be found in stores so you need to book it. Haven't heard anything about my pen yet... :(

cornutt

You don't say. Is that a fact? Really! :roll:
Reminds me of an old joke: Joe and Bob are in an office. Joe is on the phone, and he keeps saying: "You don't say! You don't say!"

Finally Joe hangs up the phone. Bob asks him, "Who was that?"

Joe replies: "He didn't say!"

Dance Ads