White, Gorgeous Ballgown for a Tall Lady!!!

Ithink

I just purchased a ballgown from Russia that ended up not fitting me very well. It fits well on top but the hips are a little too slim and on a white dress, that's not a good thing. So my loss is your gain!

This dress is best for a tall lady, 5'7" or above, size 4-8 with hips smaller than mine (mine are 39-40"). It has a LOT of swarovski rhinestones, about 140 gross, with very large stones and very small stones creating a beautiful stoning design. It was made two years ago for Blackpool and worn by a top Russian youth competitor there and by another girl since then. The skirt is white satin, the top is white lycra with a white net material over it. The dress can be worn with or without the float (i.e. the float isn't attached so it can be a wonderful dress for smooth). The back is totally open and there is a bodysuit and cups inside. The dress has been worn a total of 6-7 times.

I am asking $1250 OBO.

Some pics are attached and I found more pics on dancesportinfo.net. PM me if interested and I will send you the link to pics.

Attachments

Standarddancer

very beautiful gown but now my partner suggests me to wear smaller floats or streamer floats, so I guess I will take a break from gowns with large floats. btw kat concurred his opinion.

Ithink

danceronice: the dress can surely be shortened for someone who is "nowhere near 5'7"" if one likes it and wants it;) The skirt doesn't have many layers so any seamstress can do it very easily.

I will bring it to Ohio Star Ball if anyone wants to try it on.

Ithink

very beautiful gown but now my partner suggests me to wear smaller floats or streamer floats, so I guess I will take a break from gowns with large floats. btw kat concurred his opinion.
Does that mean you'll be selling your big-floated orange dress soon, because, man, do I love that one!:)

danceronice

danceronice: the dress can surely be shortened for someone who is "nowhere near 5'7"" if one likes it and wants it;) The skirt doesn't have many layers so any seamstress can do it very easily.

I will bring it to Ohio Star Ball if anyone wants to try it on.
Well, if you're bringing it anyway...(Go ahead, twist my arm real hard! ;) ) And you'll be there Friday or early Saturday and not super-busy...I'm leaving Saturday afternoon.

Ithink

Please let me know before Friday if you'd like to try on this dress at OSB and we can set up a time. I should be in Columbus by the time the evening session begins on Friday and through Sunday early afternoon. I am staying at Hampton Inn and dancing in Saturday and Sunday day sessions (wearing the same dress as in my avatar) so please come up to me if you're interested in the dress:)

Ithink

The dress is still available and the price is somewhat negotiable...

If anyone wants to try it on, I can bring this dress to Big Apple Dancesport this weekend.

liz

any pictures of the front? I don't do standard, but I am looking for a smooth dress... I am 5'7,,, hips sound about right,,, what about the bust? I am kinda on the large side.

Ithink

any pictures of the front? I don't do standard, but I am looking for a smooth dress... I am 5'7,,, hips sound about right,,, what about the bust? I am kinda on the large side.
Sorry, I just noticed this question. The bust is pretty small (32"-34") so I am not sure...

Regardless, though, the dress has been sold! To someone whom it fit better than me:) YEAY!

QPO

well that is good did not read properly did I..l.well will need to get those glasses redone! I am glad it's sold, it is a beautiful dress.

Dance Ads