Do you do aerials?

• I like aerials, but do them just rarely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like them - but don't do them

• I don't need aerials at all

• Total voters
We had a touring performance of "Swing" come to town a couple of years ago. I was a little disappointed because so much of it was the aerials - instead of smooth swing dancing. Most of the audience went crazy for the aerials too. But it was too athletic for my taste, more gymnastic than dancing.

tsb said:
i know of at least one instance where a friend had her ribs broken because the guy attempting a dip didn't know what he was doing. now she only dances with guys she knows. and i also know other women who don't like certain dips & avoid dancing with guys who do them indiscriminately. the point is that you are free to try and lead whatever moves you choose but you may find yourself with fewer willing partners in the future as a consequence if you don't consider the possibility that your partner may not have the same expectations that you have.
you always have to know what you're doing. And you have to - sorry for this - pretty dumb, to break a followers rib while doing a dip. I mean really! Even if she falls of your knee (what shouldn't happen anyway - and has never happened to me), she most of the times just falls slowly on her back (i saw that once happen at our club).
I think it is very sad that it happens here almost not, - doing dips. It was standard where i learned it, and is part for me while dancing. And here in germany where i dance, almost nobody knows dips. :(

maybe that's a thing for swingSTers ;)
I dance denver and colorado springs and few of any of the lindy hoppers do aerials. Not all aerials require practice and I like to think I lead them well.

I think there are some follows that don't like them. But there are some follows that just LOVE, LOVE them. Diciphering which of the two is who on cue, is diffuclt to do. Be aware of the injury comment made earlier

Dance Ads