Who won the Mayan in 2000 and 2001?

#1
I made some research with the help of Google but I couldn't find for sure who won the Club Mayan Salsa Competition in the professional division in 2000 and 2001 :( Can you help me with this, thanks ;)
 
#3
smooth_criminal said:
I made some research with the help of Google but I couldn't find for sure who won the Club Mayan Salsa Competition in the professional division in 2000 and 2001 :( Can you help me with this, thanks ;)
Johnny Vasquez won it in 2001, I have the video clip of the sem-finals and finals.
 
#4
azzey said:
Johnny Vasquez won it in 2001, I have the video clip of the sem-finals and finals.
Hey, thanks azzey, I was almost sure it was Johnny in 2001, because he was dancing with Carolina Cerisola and its written in her resume that she is a 2001 Mayan champion :) I have only watched their semi-final dance and they were really a class above everyone else, I would have been suprised if they haven't won either :D
 
#5
smooth_criminal said:
Hey, thanks azzey, I was almost sure it was Johnny in 2001, because he was dancing with Carolina Cerisola and its written in her resume that she is a 2001 Mayan champion :) I have only watched their semi-final dance and they were really a class above everyone else, I would have been suprised if they haven't won either :D
I saw a video biography of her life (last year on UK TV) when she was a struggling dancer in Buenos Aires and dreamed of moving to America. The Salsa was just a thing she did on the side for fun... :)) Recognised her immediately from the Mayan video which I already had and you can guess what happened next when she arrived in LA and started going to Salsa clubs... she met Johnny and the rest is history.

Not dissimilar to how Oliva Dasso met Johnny when she was 17! See her bio..
http://www.oliviadasso.com/bio.html
 
#7
Apperantly it was only for amateurs. This is what I came up with:


[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
Amateur Finalists for May 12,2000:
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
1. Jessy Barahona and Walter Dubon
2. Myriam Abdoulhamid and Omar Martinez
3. Ivette Hereida and Alexander Rivas
4. Lorena Alvarado and Fernando Senclier
5. Lorraine Gomez and Adam Cortez
6. Angie Wallace and Ricardo Platero
7. Adriana Luna and Jose Raul Navas
8. Shirley Saleman and Ray Williani
9. Adrianne Lerma and Randy Newman
10. Susana Barajas and Enrique Chinchilla

Winners May 12, 2000
[/FONT]
1st Prize Winners $3000.00
SHIRLEY SALEYMANI & RAY WILIANI

2nd Prize Winners $2000.00
ADRIANA LUNA & JOSE RAUL NAVAS

3rd Prize Winners &1000.00
IVETTE HEREDIA & ALEXANDER RIVAS



 
#11
Paou said:
Azzey... any chance you could post a link to that vid? Can't get Mayan vids that far back any more. :'(
It's not on any web site I know of, but I'll upload it somewhere in the next couple of weeks and post a link. Right now I'm getting ready for a big salsa event this weekend.. :)
 

Paou

New Member
#12
azzey said:
It's not on any web site I know of, but I'll upload it somewhere in the next couple of weeks and post a link. Right now I'm getting ready for a big salsa event this weekend.. :)
Ace! No hurry... am just interested... and good luck with the big event :)
 

Dance Ads