Will Carlton... can I just say...WOW!

I got to dance with my first US Open Swing Dance instructor!

Ok. I found my new hero, and it's Will Carlton lol. For those of you that don't know who he is, he has won the 2003 US Open Swing Dance Championship amongst other titles and things he has that way. Anyways, I got to dance with him tonight, and I absolutely adore him! I also love his teaching style! I was able to pick up on things that I didn't before. But what he does is that he counts each step like your foot goes here and that's step one step two etc. He just doesn't go through the whole thing, he breaks it down step by step and has you do them repeatedly. This is how I need to learn!

The thing is... is that Will Carlton is my instructor's instructor lol, but my instructor does not teach like Will. If he taught like Will, then I would have no problems picking up on steps faster. But oh I'm so excited now! Of course, I'm not going to compete a whole lot in Swing. We do Country Western, but still... WOW! Ok plus it helps that he was extremely nice and rather cute too lol. But all I kept thinking throughout the whole night was that I wanted to be like him (dancing I mean lol). But either way, I won't be able to use my instructor any more, because he doesn't do Country Western. I need someone that does both. But what's nice to know is that Will will be back in our area especially since we had a great turnout. The studio was jammed pack. You could barely move.

But yeah it was an interesting night. I had to sit out through some of the class though, because we had to many girls. I figured that since I'm sort of considered an assistant teacher now that it would only be right for me to sit out to let the new customers enjoy the dance. Plus... I had more fun watching Will lol! We held a dance party afterwards, and I also let the students dance with Will first. I felt it was right, but I got him at the very end, and I'm in heaven now. I hope that he doesn't read this forum, because he'll know right away who I am, because of my instructor lol. But kudos to Will, and if you ever get the chance to be on the same floor with him... ask him to dance! He won't ever ask you, so you have to ask him! It's kind of scary, because he's like a celebrity in a way, but it's so worth it! I'm going to take pictures of Will and I tomorrow and of Will and some other students that want their pictures taken. I didn't even think about that until I got there tonight. Darn lol. I can't sleep now lol! I keep thinking about the dance lol!

pr

I thought I should check out who this guy is and after entering "Will Carlton" in Google I got this thread as the fourth search result. :lol: Then I tried "Will Carlton" and swing, and it became the first one... :lol: :lol: He can't be that famous... :rolleyes:

I thought I should check out who this guy is and after entering "Will Carlton" in Google I got this thread as the fourth search result. :lol: Then I tried "Will Carlton" and swing, and it became the first one... :lol: He can't be that famous... :rolleyes:
Lol! He's not famous like the guys in Dancing With The Stars or probably someone that has won more titles than him in Swing. But he's a super nice guy, and a great teacher. I picked up on things that I was doing wrong, because he has a way of breaking stuff down that no one else did for me. He's great! Seriously... take a lesson from him if you ever can. ;)

Dance Ads