Writing Dance Journals

I have a blog where I post my dance journals experienced in my college at "University Of wisconsin-stevens point". I was wondering if i can take it to the next level and ask other dancers to share whatever journals they have regarding their dance experience with me. Letting the world know what it takes to be a dancer, What its like to dance and even the smallest details about our dance lives. Is this a good idea? How can i do better on this task and involve more people? suggestions appreciated.
Waiting for your feedbacks

redirect to website removed by moderator
please read the guidelines regarding trying to circumvent the spam filter.

Last edited by a moderator:

IndyLady

Two thoughts:

(1) I prefer to spend what precious and valuable spare time I have actually dancing, not writing dance journals.

(2) Having said that, when I do read and write about dance, 95% of it is on this forum. This is where I have learned and shared the type of things you have mentioned.

JoeB

At most, I keep a log of lesson dates and content, comps and expenses.
Nah; you need details.

Sample entry:
"Step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, lose beat, look confused, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step, step, step, side step.

First five minutes of beginner foxtrot lesson has gone well."

RiseNFall

Recent coach: I think it would help you a lot to keep more notes from your lessons--written in your own words so that you can understand it.

Reality:
I write something down, practice it to be sure I understand it. Next lesson, "What does xyz mean again??????"

theAnnelis

I actually sit down with my pro for 10-15 minutes after the lesson and we write pretty detailed notes. Then I go home and write my blog entry about it that day or the next. I also usually read the notes on the way home. I actually don't forget what the stuff means. Not sure why that is. I'm more apt to forget what foot starts the next figure than anything.

RiseNFall

Recent coach: I think it would help you a lot to keep more notes from your lessons--written in your own words so that you can understand it.

Reality:
I write something down, practice it to be sure I understand it. Next lesson, "What does xyz mean again??????"
Ha!! I knew I had forgotten part of step and just looked up what I had written and for once I could understand it!

Dance Ads