Yale Ballroom Competition: November 15, 2008

I am pleased to announce that this year's Yale Competition will be held on Saturday, November 15th, 2008! I hope to see you all there!

Please read below for the official announcement:

---

Dear Dancers,

The Yale Ballroom Dance Team would like to cordially invite you to the 17th annual Yale Ballroom Dance Competition taking place on Saturday, November 15, 2008! To follow up on our smashing success last time in February, we are keeping the same location (Wilbur Cross High School, 181 Mitchell Dr., New Haven, CT 06511) and same competition coordinators (Bill, Caroleen, and me). We bring you the best opportunity for collegiate competitors in the whole northeast region to convene at a central location to test your mettle. Details can be found on our website:
http://yaleballroom.org/comp/

We have received glowing reviews of our last effort:

"It was the most well organized competition I have ever seen! Everything was on time (except that you changed the order of events once), everything was working properly, there was no confusion, delays or rush anywhere!"

"My partner and I really enjoyed the Comp yesterday, and I wanted to say that everyone I was with was full of positive comments. Everything was well-organized, the Emcee and the On-Deck managers were excellent, and the music was fantastic."

Online registration is now open! Please feel free to email me at jong@yaleballroom.org with any questions or concerns!

Yours,

Yuen-Jong Liu
jong@yaleballroom.org

Yale Ballroom Dance Team
Senior Officer / Webmaster / Competition Co-Coordinator

Also, a clarification:

It has been brought to our attention that there has been some confusion regarding the date of our competition. Note that the new date is Saturday, November 15th, which does *not* conflict with the date of the Columbia competition. Due to the original conflict, we decided to move our competition to another weekend so that competitors would have the opportunity to attend both.

dancerman

I already registered us, its way too close from NY to miss :) plus its a good warmup for ohio
To all DFers:
I will be there as a vendor so please stop over and introduce yourself. I would love to meet some of the friends I have met through this Forum. You don't even have to buy anything!!
And Good luck to all.

Katarzyna

What's going on with Yale.. registration so low... not sure how I feel like going all the way to the comp spending 100 for entries and train and taxi to dance in less than a full final... :(

Dance Ads