You Know you are Addicted to Dancing when...

...you keep getting confused when it's your turn playing a board game, because your non-dancing friends stubbornly insist on playing their turns in clockwise order.
One of my friends was having a board game night with some other dancers. They opened up a new game, read the instructions: "...play continues from the dealer in the clockwise direction..."

Dancer 1: [blank look] What's clockwise?
Dancer 2: Against line of dance!
Dancer 1: Oh... [dawning look of comprehension]

RiseNFall

One of my first thoughts after my gastroenteritis turned out to be very short lived was, "oh, maybe I don't have to cancel my dance lessons tomorrow morning after all!" My MD brother swears that most cases of gastroenteritis are not caused by anything particularly contagious....

(My first concern was for my ten guests yesterday, but so far they are all fine)

In the mall with a female friend

Her: isn't this song a rumba?
Me:yes
Her: ooh lead me in some rumba
Me: (instead of saving my dignity or just saying no) international or slow american?
Her: both!!

Me: (instead of saving my dignity or just saying no) international or slow american?

MaggieMoves

When you dance "salsa" at the company holiday party... And everyone asks where you teach. I swear to god I'm not being left alone today because I'm the "new girl that can dance."

Should have never tried to teach my boss the jive... Should have sat down and shut up. :bookworm:

IndyLady

You get excited when the Living Social or Groupon subject line is "Ballroom Dance Lessons", even though you know before reading the e-mail you have no intention of purchasing that deal (b/c it's probably not your studio anyway, and even if it was, there's always a "new students only" clause).

Steve Pastor

Staff member
They play "Uptown Funk" at the Country Western place and even though it's not even remotely country the dancing in the video is pretty cool and you haven't taken on a challenge for a while so you are going to learn the moves and get out there next time it comes on.

FancyFeet

You all get the go-ahead to leave work early because of a massive snowstorm and deteriorating road conditions, and your three thoughts are:

1. Awesome. I'll head out soon to make sure I have plenty of time to drive to my dance lesson.
2. I'm assuming my dance lesson is still on, because pro hasn't sent me a text.
3. Hopefully, the bad roads will keep a lot of other people at home so we'll have lots of space to work.

You all get the go-ahead to leave work early because of a massive snowstorm and deteriorating road conditions, and your three thoughts are:

1. Awesome. I'll head out soon to make sure I have plenty of time to drive to my dance lesson.
2. I'm assuming my dance lesson is still on, because pro hasn't sent me a text.
3. Hopefully, the bad roads will keep a lot of other people at home so we'll have lots of space to work.
Lol. This just happened recently and I kept checking my emails to see if my instructor would cancel lol.

Dance Ads