You went out shopping and came back with what?!?

I went to Old Navy for some basic tank tops and I walked out with two skirts and three shirts, none of which were what I set out to get. :oops: Rationale: "but I don't have any cute warm weather clothes!" Riiiight.

ReneeJoan said:
And yes, when my daughter was little, she loved to play dress up in my clothes. That changed with she got to be about 12 or 13, and has only gotten worse as she's gotten older.

Of course, sneaky me, I use this to my advantage. Anytime I see her start to cast longing, speculative eyes at something I think would be inappropriate for her to wear, I simply start admiring it myself and say, "Oh, boy, this would look SO GREAT for tango." IMMEDIATELY it goes back on the rack, and she goes looking for something else.

Never fails.
Hmm... that doesn't work with me. I'm 15 and I wear my mom's clothes sometimes. I like some of her shirts and capris. Her pants don't fit me, though, because I'm about 3 inches taller than her and I weigh a little less. When I go shopping with my mom, she's usually showing me flirty clothes that would be good for dancing. :lol: :lol: I don't know how old your daughter is but it seems like she's going through a rebelious stage in her life where she's trying to be independent and she thinks parents are awful and embarrassing. :shock:

I went out to see a student's koto concert(you know, the long, horizontal wooden multi-stringed Japanese instrument that produces a sound like a harp) yesterday and decided to drop by a shoe store in the arcade on the way home. I ended up with a $300 pair of "zori"(sandals which you wear with kimono). And that was on the LESS expensive end! I wear a huge size 8 1/2 and there wasn't much of a selection. The really cute colors/styles were in size 6 & 7, but were upwards from $400! :shock:

Twilight_Elena

I'm 17 and I'm lucky enough to be wearing almost the same shoe size as my mom, so I can borrow her heels! I also take her clothes from when she was 20-25 years old with an amazing body and cool outfits!
I just bought a pair of gym trousers yetserday that weren't so necessary. Bad thing. :oops: :wink:

Twilight Elena

macha

Y'all are too high-dollar fer my blood.

We honkies go to Deals and Dollar Tree for our "Ludicrously Superfluous Purchasing Whims"...

Everything's a dollar or less, so I go in for batteries for my camera, come back out with poptarts, peppermints, and gumdrops for the horses, Shasta grape soda for me, two cellphone covers that probably won't fit- BUT THEY HAVE HORSES on them- and therefore needed "RESCUE", some ugly, silly little purse I won't use in a week... you get the idea.

Once I went to Texas strictly for business- and to buy a stuffed armadillo. I came back with a pony (not a stuffed one either). I was "underage" at the time, so I had to explain to my parents everything. I waited fifteen months to do that- in the mean time, he was hid out at a friend's place.

And, have you seen the shirt that says "I went out for beer and came back with your mom/the clap/etc"? I don't think I like that one as much as some I've seen though.

Crikey- it's 3:30... I should have been in bed... like... a half-hour ago...my brain starts to run out my ear if I don't get sufficient rest (I seldom get sufficient rest.... )

Twilight_Elena said:
I'm 17 and I'm lucky enough to be wearing almost the same shoe size as my mom, so I can borrow her heels! I also take her clothes from when she was 20-25 years old with an amazing body and cool outfits!
Your attitude is so much better than mine was!

I am absolutely gutted now that I turned down my mum's shoe collection. About 10 years ago she was having a clear out, and a load of beautiful, expensive shoes and boots that she bought in the 1970s went to a charity shop. She asked me if I wanted anything -- they all fit me but were no longer comfortable for her -- but at the time I was a feckless young thing and I didn't want any of her "old fashioned" stuff!

I still regret it to this day. Over the years I've thought about a pair of lovely Italian leather sandals with stacked heels that would have been so good to dance in. Oh, and those burgundy suede knee boots...

:doh:

pygmalion

Yeah. :( The decisions we make. Of course, when I was seventeen, my Mom was kind of umm... plump in the hips, so I could never wear her clothes. But still, she gave me some classic leather handbags from the fifties and sixties. I used them for a year or two, then tossed them. I'd love to have them now. :(

I did this just yesterday. Went out to the shops to buy some more dog food and came home with a digital camera! One of the local department stores was having a post-Easter sale, and, well, what's a girl to do? Just walk past a 40% off bargain?

Oh and yes I did remember the dog food!! :lol:

macha

I'm bad about going into a store with one purpose- to buy popcorn, for example, and if they're out of what I want, I just "HAVE TO" buy something else- ANYTHING else. Eep.

So I got a big cherry coke, cornuts, and tator tots instead.

.. and a corndog, and a Napoleon Dynamite DVD, and circus peanuts for Zumi, but Cracklin' Oat Bran for Ickis... :shock:

Things in Japan are so bloody expensive, I rarely leave the house with more than a few thousand yen in my wallet, lest I give into temptation when at the store. There's not much you can buy here with 3000 yen(about $30) except groceries... :?

pygmalion said:
That's what credit cards, debit cards and checks are for. You may buy nonsense, but at least you have a paper trail. :lol: :lol:
Oh, that plastic! Although I don't have a problem with it, I have a LOT of friends with major credit card debts! In Japan, not many places accept credit cards, so it's kind of hard to get into that predicament!(It also sucks when I buy plane tickets and opera tickets and can't get the points for it on my mileage awards credit card! :evil: )

cocodrilo said:
Things in Japan are so bloody expensive, I rarely leave the house with more than a few thousand yen in my wallet, lest I give into temptation when at the store. There's not much you can buy here with 3000 yen(about $30) except groceries... :?
I know what you mean. I bought the Cathay Pacific All Asia pass a couple of years ago and had a very good time for not alot of money until I got to Japan. I got an extreme case of sticker shock :(

What was worse was that there was soooo much cool stuff too.

Dance Ads