Your Bucket List

wonderwoman

* Learn to speak French
* Visit Europe (Italy, France, Spain, Greece)
* Run a marathon
* Teach someone to dance
* Have a child
* Learn to play violin
* See the Grand Canyon
* Learn to swim
* Help build a house or school in a 3rd world country
* Sleep on a beach, under the stars, with someone I love

Nybz

Nice idea WW

My list seems to be fairly simple
- Marry someone I can be with for many, many, years to come
- Have some kids
- Make a whole lot of money and donate most of it
- DANCE a lot (here's where the rest of the money goes :eek:)

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
I want to die a peaceful death
I want to know that the net balance of the effect I had on others was positive
I want to live long enough to be a really good grammie
I want to have forgiven and been forgiven
I want to have been a good steward of whatever money I have
I want to know that by the time I finished competing, I was a really good dancer
I want my husband and children to know that alive or dead, if I am able, I will always be there for them, loving them...same for my closest and dearest friends

CANI

Nice idea Wonderwoman....Bucket List or Life list -- same concept, different name. I was intrigued when I first heard of John Goddard's Life List. I've always set goals and worked towards their achievement, but in 2008 I set a life list for the first time -- so far has 108 items -- and it's been a blast planning them and achieving them one after the other...it really is true that if you define what you really want in your life...you can passionately work towards achieving it...and it is fun too! Definitely don't want to reach the end of my life and think, "if only I had..."

flashdance

* Eat a bucket containing a bunch of KFC chicken wings
* Meet a girl who is actually romantic etc
* Dance of course
* Visit Machu Picchu
* Have children (what am I saying, another one of me?!)
* Be the DF user who posts the 700,000'th message
* Bake a cake for my wife (she doesn't know this yet as I've not met her) and pop out of the actual cake (before she eats me).
* When I pop my clogs of whatever finishes me off... to be frozen and woken in the year 5025. My ailments fixed, my brain put into a jar or whatever it requires etc.

Think that's it.

Subliminal

I'll quote you....Join usssss!!!!

: )
hehe, ok, I'm convinced. ;)

Lesseee...

* Feel confident enough to dance AT, all ballroom dances, and all swing variants in a social setting, to a high enough level that any partner would enjoy my company.
* Compete at least once at a BR event.
* Re-learn to play the piano.
* Compose a rock opera.
* Write an epic poem.
* Finish writing a post-apocalyptic themed comic book I started a few years ago.
* Go skydiving.
* Travel to Argentina and take tango lessons there.
* Travel and go site-seeing through Europe.
* Hike the Appalachian Trail.
* Finish getting my Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do. (Stopped at Brown Belt due to injury. :( )
* Learn Bagua. (And yes, I knew about it before Avatar: The Last Airbender.)
* Travel to outer space.
* Implement lasting change on a global scale, such that the world is a better place for my having been here. Got a long ways to go on this one. But I have a plan.

Yes, that's a good start!

CANI

Lesseee...

* Feel confident enough to dance AT, all ballroom dances, and all swing variants in a social setting, to a high enough level that any partner would enjoy my company.
* Compose a rock opera.
* Write an epic poem.
* Finish writing a post-apocalyptic themed comic book I started a few years ago.
* Go skydiving.
* Finish getting my Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do. (Stopped at Brown Belt due to injury. :( )
* Travel to outer space.
* Implement lasting change on a global scale, such that the world is a better place for my having been here. Got a long ways to go on this one. But I have a plan.

That is a terrific start!! Wonderful -- love it! We have three in common. :)

j_alexandra

Lesseee...

* Compose a rock opera.
* Write an epic poem.
* Go skydiving.
* Travel to outer space.

I've actually done 5 of these.

CANI

Sweet. Are you ever going to post your list? ;)
:) I tend to be a really private person, especially about goals (mostly because I’ve noticed that I’m more likely to achieve them when I keep them to myself, oddly enough)…but it would be unfair for me to have encouraged you to share and not share at all…so I’ll list a few…

• Bicycle through the chateaux in France
  • Swim with manatees
  • Conquer my fears – I have a list – I’ve achieved walking over hot coals and one other is nearly done, the rest working on one after the other…skydiving falls here, but isn’t one the ones I’m currently working on…
  • The other two we have in common are re-learn the piano and compete at least once in a BR event (and I have a number of others related to ballroom dancing).
  • Be a meaningful advocate/mentor for a child (in the works)
  • Get a book published
  • Kayak near glaciers
  • See a moose in the wild
  • Complete a marathon

samina

I’ve noticed that I’m more likely to achieve them when I keep them to myself, oddly enough)…
I concur. The more cherished my goals, the more closely held to the chest they are, although I've found there comes a point where vocalizing them is very potent.

Cool list, we share a few.
Bicycling around chateau country...very cool.

Dance Ads