Your Bucket List

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
dh and I were just discussing this last night and have come to the conclusion that we are both sort of anti-bucket list...for no particular reason

he only had maybe one thing, which was to go to Barcelona (it's a soccer thing)

and I simply want to live long enough that all of my grandchildren know who I am and what I value, etc.....other than getting to dance open smooth and maintaining my health for several more years...that is it

pygmalion

dh and I were just discussing this last night and have come to the conclusion that we are both sort of anti-bucket list...for no particular reason

he only had maybe one thing, which was to go to Barcelona (it's a soccer thing)

and I simply want to live long enough that all of my grandchildren know who I am and what I value, etc.....other than getting to dance open smooth and maintaining my health for several more years...that is it

The Barcelona soccer club is worth seeing. IIRC, I saw them when they came to the US for the Olympics. The soccer trials/eliminations were held in Orlando, where I lived at the time. When was that? 1996? They were awesome.

Zhena

But in addition to visiting other places, I have a bucket list item that can be done right here at home. I want to attend a formal ball. I want to have an evening of dancing with friends in elegant attire in a beautiful ballroom. It may take me a year or two to pull it together, but I think I can do it. It should be much simpler than arranging a wedding, because all that matters is the location (including dance floor), the catering, the music and the decorations (plus of course the guest list). I have a venue in mind ... I think it might really be possible ...
Two weeks ago we did it.

60 people helped us celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary in the same location where we got married and held our wedding reception. It wasn't really a formal ball ... we played a mixture of ballroom, WCS, folk and Hungarian dances.

We assigned people to tables that deliberately mixed everyone up, including family. We performed a showcase waltz, then made EVERYONE get up and dance the first folk dance with us.

I didn't get to talk to everyone except for a greeting when they first arrived because once the music started, I was dancing. The problem with the playlist was that it didn't include anything I didn't like so it was hard to break away from the dance floor. When the caterers were about to break down the buffet, they made a plate of food for me because I hadn't taken a moment to grab a bite. I sat out a few dances or portions of dances after that.

We had to close down at 11 pm ... and so many people were still there having a good time. The last song was the "Anniversary Waltz" ... I wanted everyone to join in, but they all just watched while DH and I danced ...

The evening was total magic.

I haven't seen a video of our showcase yet ... DH's camera was having problems, but my father has promised us a copy of his video the next time we see him.

But I still want a formal ball ... so a new item on the bucket list is going to Vienna for waltz ball season ...

Dance Ads