Your coolest dancing "thing".

I was thinking about all the dancing "stuff" I own, from flarey skirts and diamonte-encrustes shoes to ballet posters and trophies, but my favourite dancing "thing" is a skirt that I own that looks fantastic, no matter how badly I might dance. It's like my good luck skirt and whenever I wear it, it's a great night.

I even have a "ballet" Barbie, despite not being Barbie's biggest fan...friends have cute dancing things, like a bag with "salsa" written all over it and a notebook with "tango" on it in sequins. What's your coolest dancing "thing"?

pygmalion

My T-shirt that says,"Eat dancing. Sleep dancing. Live for dancing." It always gets lots of comments -- positive ones from dancers, uh.. less positive ones from non-dancers. I love it, regardless.

pygmalion said:
My T-shirt that says,"Eat dancing. Sleep dancing. Live for dancing." It always gets lots of comments -- positive ones from dancers, uh.. less positive ones from non-dancers. I love it, regardless.
Yup! My "Got Salsa", "Salsera" T-shirts do the same as well. Great ice-breakers. I also have this red blouse that turns me into Super Salsa Woman. :lol: :lol: I think it's more of the color red though. One of my favorites besides peach and white. :)

For me, it would have to be my lacy trangular shawls with fringes, which I tie around my waist when wearing pants (never jeans!) for salsa.

I own a few colours to match the pants. I love the way they swish when I dance :wink: !

Sagitta

salsachinita said:
For me, it would have to be my lacy trangular shawls with fringes, which I tie around my waist when wearing pants (never jeans!) for salsa.

I own a few colours to match the pants. I love the way they swish when I dance :wink: !
[Bolded words my emphasis.] Thank you. :)

:nope: Out of context again :nope: !

What I mean is, while I love wearing pants AND jeans to salsa, the shawl thing only looks good over pants......and matching colour no less!

I've seen the shawl tied over jeans.....not a good look. It's definitely one of those add-one-sizes things :nope: .

My first pair of salsa shoes! The silver started to wear off of the heel, so I covered them in black & white leopard fur(fake, naturally)! They're really cute and I get lots of comments on them! (Where'dja buy those?) The shoes are so stretched out I have to put inserts under the ball of the foot, but I can still wear them! :D

cocodrilo said:
The shoes are so stretched out I have to put inserts under the ball of the foot, but I can still wear them! :D
give'm poor shoesies a break fercryinoutloud!.. by the way, are they a 'Pleasehavemercy' brand? :lol:

Sabor said:
cocodrilo said:
The shoes are so stretched out I have to put inserts under the ball of the foot, but I can still wear them! :D
give'm poor shoesies a break fercryinoutloud!.. by the way, are they a 'Pleasehavemercy' brand? :lol:

They're "Elegance" and they are still wearable & cute!!!

Phil Owl

The shoes definitely do it for me.

Plus, I have a couple Championship Ballroom Dancing episodes on tape (1991, 1992) I like to look at every once in a while to get inspired.

My coolest dance things are:

The "gotta dance" pin and velvet-like AM shoe bag bag I got from AMFDS when I went from "intro" to "bronze" package (cheesy I know).

My ballroom purse (seen elsewhere on DF).

My ultra-cool Standard gown that I have yet to fit into, lol!

My coolest "dance thing" would have to be the "Hello, my name is..." sticker with "Bonus Points!" written on it. Now, if only I could remember the particular feat (feet?) I accomplished to earn it...

(My dance teacher is almost as wacky as I am. I think I said something like "do I get bonus points for that?"--and so I did.]

Sagitta

oh_the_humanity... said:
My coolest "dance thing" would have to be the "Hello, my name is..." sticker with "Bonus Points!" written on it. Now, if only I could remember the particular feat (feet?) I accomplished to earn it...

(My dance teacher is almost as wacky as I am. I think I said something like "do I get bonus points for that?"--and so I did.]
It's cool that your dance teacher matches your personality. And welcome to df!

Dance Ads