Your Top 10 favourite social partners (locally)

While out dancing last night, I casually mentioned (without giving a thought), "Hey, it's my lucky night! 4 out of my Top 5 salseros are here....!"

My friend asked, "So who's missing...?"

I thought about who my Top 5 are, but soon realised that I need to increase it to Top 10 :wink: .......!

Here's my local list (in no particular order):

"Rico"
SugarGlider
El Washing Machine
Gangsta
Carmelo
El Pirate
"Griffin" (of Soul Latin)
Aloy (of Cuban Addiction)
Alejandro (of Lady Salsa)
DJ J. Rig

.........and Andrew, my current partner.

I thought it might be fun to list your current favourites, then come back sometime later to see if the list has changed :wink: !

Go ahead & give people nicknames, if you don't want to use real names 8) .

MacMoto

salsachinita said:
I thought about who my Top 5 are, but soon realised that I need to increase it to Top 10 :wink: .......!
No names here, but I've done a count up and found 5 in the top league of favourites (the guys who are always the highlight of any night of dancing), 7 in the second league (guys I always try to dance with because I enjoy dancing with them, even though not quite to the extent I love dancing with the top-league guys) and 7 more on the "reserve list", made up of "hit-and-misses" (had some great dances with them but also some pretty average ones too) and "early-days-yets" (only danced once or twice, good so far but need to try more to be sure).

My "dream dance partner" :lol: isn't counted since he's not a local salsero and I have no idea if I'll ever get to dance with him again. Such is life...

salsachinita said:
"Hey, it's my lucky night! 4 out of my Top 5 salseros are here....!"
I have never had a night where all 5 of the top-league leaders are present, since some of them only dance either in Glasgow or Edinburgh. There have been a couple of "4 out of 5" nights though, so I know the feeling!

Lofland said:
Some day I plan to be good enough to attract ten regular partners.
Hey, many of the favourites on my list are regular partners only because I always ask them to dance every time I see them. Whether or not they like dancing with me is another matter entirely :lol:.

I do sometimes wonder if I'm on any leader's favourites' list yet though...

MacMoto said:
:? .........me wondering about the exact same thing.............I SOOOOOO wish I'd be able to read minds just enough to glimps at these guys' lists :wink: ...........

tj

salsachinita said:
MacMoto said:
:? .........me wondering about the exact same thing.............I SOOOOOO wish I'd be able to read minds just enough to glimps at these guys' lists :wink: ...........
Psst... hey ladies... 8)

If we're grinnin' at you when we dance with you... (or if we give you "the look") then you're on "the list"...

Hmm, there's one lady I can think of who is on the top of my list...I will always dance with her. Dancing with her is always a very hearted centered and almost spiritual experience...and she just flows with my trying-my-best-to-be-smooth lead. The first time I danced with her was like we'd been dancing for months, no fighting...no trouble...just a fun dance.

She's dreamy...beautiful...I haven't danced with her in months (we keep missing each other on Salsa nights)...but hopefully I will see her again soon... :cry:

That is only one though that really comes to mind...there are a few others but none that I see on a regular basis at the clubs.

However, I know I have close to 10 on my "avoid at all costs" list! :D :lol: :D

SG

youngsta

In no particular order...

Rachael
Yvonne
Donna
Tonia
Mabry
Marie
Amanda
Nancy (although she recently moved)
Jenifer
Bridget

Still leaves out several ladies I really enjoy dancing with.

MacMoto

scorpionguy said:
That is only one though that really comes to mind...there are a few others but none that I see on a regular basis at the clubs.

However, I know I have close to 10 on my "avoid at all costs" list! :D :lol: :D
Funny... my black/grey list is shorter than my fave list -- 2 faces (don't know their names -- I never bothered to ask :lol:) at the moment. There used to be 3 on the list, but I have recently discovered that the third one is actually a fun partner for cha cha cha, so he's off it now (I still try to avoid him when it's salsa though).

Sagitta

My top local list oddly enough has people whom I know:

A1
A2
L

In terms of ability, these three range from advanced intermediate to newbie beginner. However with them all I have that connection, and all I want is the connection. :)

OK, I've just decided. It's a girl! She's my best buddy who just started learning salsa a year ago! We go to clubs together and when we can't find a decent guy to dance with, just go out on the floor and do shines & have a great time! I just spent the past 2 hours teaching her about 10 shines and she picked them up really quickly! No salsa scene here at the present, so we just have to keep honing our skills... :?

salsachinita said:
Here's my local list (in no particular order):

"Rico"
SugarGlider
El Washing Machine
Gangsta
Carmelo
El Pirate
"Griffin" (of Soul Latin)
Aloy (of Cuban Addiction)
Alejandro (of Lady Salsa)
DJ J. Rig

.........and Andrew, my current partner.
Well, I guess I will have to edit this list, as Rico had just left us to go back to Israel :cry: ...........

MacMoto

It's sad, but I'm sure someone will come along and bacome a new favourite...

Besides, you have a good reason to visit Israel now :wink:.

Personally, I do not think I would like to see my shares on the social dancing stock market rise and fall on a web forum... but I might be over sensitive.

blue said:
I do not think I would like to see my shares on the social dancing stock market rise and fall on a web forum....
:lol: :lol: :lol: ........

:oops: You do have a point though :oops: ........

For what it's worth, guys, I meant to post this thread as a way to honour my favourites, that's all :oops: :oops: :oops: ...........

Dance Ads