Youtube

samina

...and are clicking their little martini glasses on the beach of some remote and exotic island!
oh yes, i'm sure they're quite relieved!

this is all going in the direction of massive electronic controls regarding digital media...

i bought an e-book over the weekend and am discovering i can't print the darn thing out. 400+ pages which i have to read on my computer screen... looks like a copyright infringement protection feature... :roll:

mamboqueen

Grab your bikinis, goils! (actually....I do the tankini...hides the post-childbirth loss of belly tone that I'm just resigned to). I'm sure there'll be some extra eye candy for you, Sam. If not, I'm always willing to share ;)

Bummer about the ebook. I would think if you paid for it, they'd let you print it at least once...no way to cut and paste?

samina

Grab your bikinis, goils! (actually....I do the tankini...hides the post-childbirth loss of belly tone that I'm just resigned to). I'm sure there'll be some extra eye candy for you, Sam. If not, I'm always willing to share ;)

Bummer about the ebook. I would think if you paid for it, they'd let you print it at least once...no way to cut and paste?
tried cut-and-paste... no. thanks for the reminder, tho... will try again to call the company and find out what gives... can't wait to dig into the book, but it ain't gonna take me far if i continue to try to read it electronically.

actually, i emailed the file to myself so i could access it from work, and when i tried to open it, i actually have to register my 2nd computer with an MS netpass before it would led me open it!

samina

turns out that, while 95% of the company's e-books are printable, this particular book is not. also turns out that, somewhere amidst the page from which i ordered it, it does say it's not printable.

however, they did apply my purchase of the e-book to the paperback version, which is on its way, now... but heavy copyright restrictions were built into what i downloaded.

a snippet of what's to come... and (BOT)... this whole google/youtube/viacom thing will be a participating catalyst, for sure. personally, i am of mixed opinion, but lean toward a looser rather than stricter regulatory approach... IMHO, there's much to argue for regulation & control, but there's a seemy underside that goes with it. like security & the "war on terrorism"...

mamboqueen

I agree with you. The more you stifle people's ability to get published media, the more creativity is squashed. There does need to be some agreement as to distribution of funds, though, only fair....

turns out that, while 95% of the company's e-books are printable, this particular book is not. also turns out that, somewhere amidst the page from which i ordered it, it does say it's not printable.

however, they did apply my purchase of the e-book to the paperback version, which is on its way, now... but heavy copyright restrictions were built into what i downloaded.

a snippet of what's to come... and (BOT)... this whole google/youtube/viacom thing will be a participating catalyst, for sure. personally, i am of mixed opinion, but lean toward a looser rather than stricter regulatory approach... IMHO, there's much to argue for regulation & control, but there's a seemy underside that goes with it. like security & the "war on terrorism"...
what book is this?

samina

Great book, I have the paperback (just didn't think an ebook would work for me). Hard read but incredible interesting.
really? now that's an obscure thing to have in common...

actually, when i read thru your myspace site some time back, i thought we might share some of those views/interests. :)

must say, i've loved the book so far. got to a certain point, then skipped ahead to the last section. when i get the paperback version, i'll go back to where i left off. i would love to meet the author...

Dance Ads