Yule Log

Dancebug

Who likes a yule log? I really enjoy good yule logs. I am getting one on my home today. I cannot wait until X-mas. With all this food talk on the forum lately, I need something sweet now.

samina

Who likes a yule log? I really enjoy good yule logs. I am getting one on my home today. I cannot wait until X-mas. With all this food talk on the forum lately, I need something sweet now.
yule log as in something to eat, or yule log as in huge log tossed onto the hearth for lengthy burning for the duration of massive feasting???

i suspect the rolled cake sort, ay? :)

i love cake, yule or no yule!

samina

<maybe some of that on my desk would make work fly by a bit more easily these days...:cool: :shock: :raisebro: >

Dancebug

My H says that his grandma used to take over the whole kitchen to make fruit cake. The smell was amazing and the taste was doubly amazing. Unfortunately nobody in his family inherited her recipe, and she is long gone.

samina

i haven't done any holiday baking for years, but i miss it. maybe pulling together a nice drunken fruit cake would be a pleasant little holiday activity. should get on it this week, tho -- needs time to properly cure!

hmm... i bet nigella lawson will have a good recipe for this somewhere... with currants and plump apricots and monticello cherries. oh wow. who's got some wild turkey they wanna throw in? i'll give you a slice...:raisebro:

samina

and, to get the thread back to yule logs... :D ... i could roll it in a log shape & glaze it with vanilla, butter, and confectioner's sugar...

Dance Ads