ZUMBA shoes?

I just had my first Zumba class and man, was that intense, but I loved every minute of it... Of course, I almost killed myself in my regular sneakers.

PLEASE, what kind of shoes would work. Preferably something reasonably priced, I really don't want to pay $100...

I know that there are a few of you who do Zumba, so I'd appreciate any insight!

Thanks!

mamboqueen

I used dance sneakers (Bloch) the one and only time I did it. Had no problems. Regular sneakers are just begging for a knee problem.

A year of Zumba in regular sneakers has left me STILL with runner's knee a year later. Dance sneakers all the way - they're the only thing with enough support that will still let you pivot without twisting your knees all out of shape.

fascination

Site Moderator
Staff member
I teach zumba as well...depending upon the amount of propulsion you are using, anything from a $40 pair of capezio sneakers (google discount dance dot com)...to a cheap pair of tennis shoes with very little tread, will suffice...but, one should never skimp on the care of their feet...personally, I use my bloch jazz slippers b/c I don't do much propulsion and am more concerned with the lateral movement and my hips, knees and ankles...my fellow instructor uses her tae bo sneakers

mamboqueen

yeah, there was no jazz going on in the class I took. Then again, she forgot her music and I had to give her mine...all of which was 100% latin.

Dance Ads