for the love of $$

Hi everyone, no clue where to post this (and yes i did search 'discount ballroom shoes'). I know i dont make much $ at my current job, plus the demands of other bills and the cost of living (good thing i love ramen noodles). I recently went to purchase some new shoes and i eat for less in a month than what they charge for a pair. After poking around online i found a website www dot salsashoes dot com. They have good prices (like 30-50% off...WHAT!!!). They are currently in the mail, so we shall see their exact quality (i will update yall on this) but i've heard good things about them also. Anyone have any other websites they use to save bookoo's of money? (rhinestones, fabric, shoes, accessories...)
hope everyone is having a wonderful dance life!!!!:D

i ment discount salsa shoes. sorry for the typo. But yes i agree those prices are great also! Hopefully the quality is up to par. if so AWESOME!!!!

Hello!
I personally think that quality of shoes from this website wont be very good.
I bought my Ray Rose latin shoes from this website:
dance-shop. com
great quality, and much cheaper.
good luck! :)

because all these brands like Ray Rose/Supadance/Aida Dance and etc. are made professionally for ballroom dancing.
I know a lot of discount shoes websites, but if i were you, i would add those 30 dollars and buy quality shoes that youre not gonna regret (hopefully)
but again, thats my personal opinion. :)

Very Fine has always treated me well. They fit my feet perfectly and i've never had a quality problem with them. But we will see. and i shall report back :)

Bailamosdance

Are you looking for shoes to go out salsa dancing in a club, or real dance shoes for competition and shows? If you are looking for shoes that will work for comp etc then I'd suggest pro shoes. Price is never a good reason to buy when it comes to something as important as what is on your feet.

Good shoes not only last longer but they are designed for the purpose and the best ones will also save your feet as well as make it much easier to do the proper technique...

debmc

I would say that the best shoes have such a thin and flexible sole, that while they may make foot articulation and feeling the floor better, they certainly are not better for the feet. Ouch!

ok yall missed the point of this post. It was money saving tips...sort of like who has the best prices for stuff. I know the shoe that works for me, fits me well. I find that i just got it 1/2 off from that website instead of going to most websites or the dance stores around here. please re-read my original post instead of jumping down to the last thread before responding...THANKS :)

mindputtee

I used h t t p COLON / / w w w DOT dancesport DOT uk DOT c o m / shoes / index DOT htm (sorry about the annoying link format, I haven't been posting long enough to submit nice links sadly =( ) They cost about half as much from there are the stores I've been to and my last two pairs of supadance that I bought through there were $100 less each than the store that I tried them on in. They took quite a while to arrive though, so be aware of that, though that could be because it was a rather large order done with my whole college team.

wow...thanks for the tip mindpuetee. I know i'm not rich, i'm sure theres alot that arent. Its just nice to share info. even down to costumes with great prices (both rent and buy)! Every little thing counts right?

mindputtee

wow...thanks for the tip mindpuetee. I know i'm not rich, i'm sure theres alot that arent. Its just nice to share info. even down to costumes with great prices (both rent and buy)! Every little thing counts right?
I agree, dance is a very expensive addiction. I'm working at making my own costume because there's no way I'm shelling out a grand or more for a nice dress (and I can make a nice one for the cost of a cheap dress.) My research on that front though has turned up a great website to buy rhinestones (if you are buying them in the 10 gross package): stardanceshop DOT com . They have Swarovski ss16 crystal rhinestones for $44 for 1440 and colors for $51 which is a good amount less than rhinestoneguy has even.

I'm making my own costumes also. I cant afford to spend that much on them. I guess I will make them and then start renting or selling them when i need another one. Preciousa (sp?) is a good rhinestone and cheaper than swarovski. If you check on the thread "rhinestones" at the end of the thread theres two people that posted links on there for websites and they have great prices. I cant remember which one i bought from but i just recieved them today and they are 'blingy' to the max. I will def check out the website you recommended. :)

I agree, dance is a very expensive addiction. I'm working at making my own costume because there's no way I'm shelling out a grand or more for a nice dress (and I can make a nice one for the cost of a cheap dress.) My research on that front though has turned up a great website to buy rhinestones (if you are buying them in the 10 gross package): stardanceshop DOT com . They have Swarovski ss16 crystal rhinestones for $44 for 1440 and colors for $51 which is a good amount less than rhinestoneguy has even.

mindputtee

I've heard that about preciosa, but I am planning to sell this gown once I'm done with it and I've heard that the name Swarovski greatly enhances the resale value, so I'm hoping that will have a factor. Plus, I figure I'm spending about a quarter of what I would on a USED gown, so I can go a little crazy with my stones heheh =)

The name of the stone does help resell it (not sure why, it should be about the shine instead but whatever). I know swarovski has the quality so i guess people can rely on it, but people sure are price gouging for dresses! I'm hoping to resell mine for a small profit, nothing outragous because I would like to make stuff thats affordable to people like us while still having the quality. Theres nothing more depressing than going "omg i love that dress" and scrolling down and seeing the price. I've fallen in love with quite a few dresses, then i see the price and it takes everything in me not to go to a corner and cry lol. So as revenge i take note of what the dress looks like and combine a few of the ones i love to make one i super love. (hopefully they turn out three times as pretty!).
As far as shoes i love Very Fine. my feet are busted up from the other forms of dancing i've done throughout my life so its good that i found something that fits perfect and offers the right amount of support for me. I was shocked when i had to (there was no choice) get them wet, they werent even ruined or damaged at all. Maybe one day when i can afford to spend $$$$$$$ i will go for the higher end stuff (or the store that wants is working out a deal on shoes with me offers those to me) but for now Very Fine works very fine (hehe)

I've heard that about preciosa, but I am planning to sell this gown once I'm done with it and I've heard that the name Swarovski greatly enhances the resale value, so I'm hoping that will have a factor. Plus, I figure I'm spending about a quarter of what I would on a USED gown, so I can go a little crazy with my stones heheh =)

Dance Ads