West Virginia to Put "Dance Dance Revolution" in Public Schools

West Virginia, which has the worst childhood obesity problem in the United States, is stepping up plans to use Konami Corp.'s "Dance Dance Revolution" to battle the bulge in its schools.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,249500,00.html\

(yes, DDR in its most commonly seen form does not resemble dancing as we know it. But if one employs a more liberal definition of dance, say "foot-stomping...er...moving to music"...) ;)

samina

absolutely.love.DDR...!

my son competed twice at the javitz center in nyc for DDR, once qualifying for the regular level & once for the expert division... very cool stuff. he introduced it to me and for awhile, before i discovered ballroom, i was getting rather good at it, if i do say so myself. <g>

any other dancers here fans of DDR & ITG???

absolutely.love.DDR...!

my son competed twice at the javitz center in nyc for DDR, once qualifying for the regular level & once for the expert division... very cool stuff. he introduced it to me and for awhile, before i discovered ballroom, i was getting rather good at it, if i do say so myself. <g>

any other dancers here fans of DDR & ITG???
:D For a few years in college, I was quite mad about DDR. Moving off campus, I found to my dismay that my apartment was one block away from a video arcade with a Pump-it-Up machine. Ah, the unpleasant choices Life forces upon us...quarters for laundry or for PIU? :oops:

Sadly, I haven't touched a DDR pad in 3 years. I should give it a go again. I have a PSOne, DDR USA disc, and 2 soft pads still packed away in their box, having gathered dust for ages. It's about time I started getting some of my own back at my downstairs neighbor. He/she is a Shania Twain fan. I discovered this at 5:50am, shortly after moving into this complex.

samina

Sadly, I haven't touched a DDR pad in 3 years. I should give it a go again.
am thinking the same thing right now... great for aerobic conditioning, that's for sure, and so less monotonous that anything i can think of (even viennese <g>)

we're hardcore in this house... bought two cobalt flux m.e.t.a.l pads a couple xmases ago (aka, How To Spend Six Hundred Dollars In One Go). That was back before dance lessons. :)

He/she is a Shania Twain fan. I discovered this at 5:50am, shortly after moving into this complex.
oh, poor thing... poor, poor, poor, poor thing! *lol*

Anna

Hmm...my high school had a DDR machine in the student center (I think a result of student lobbying or something)...never tried it though.

we're hardcore in this house... bought two cobalt flux m.e.t.a.l pads a couple xmases ago (aka, How To Spend Six Hundred Dollars In One Go). That was back before dance lessons. :)
"Six Hundred Dollars In One Go" - my, my how very cheap you were in your previous life. ;) I'm quite envious. Can I come over to play at your house? ;)
oh, poor thing... poor, poor, poor, poor thing! *lol*
Nothing quite like waking "Up, up, up" before the sun's up. :evil:

Dance Ads